When fresh flowers meet French braids (plus a light, translucent summer makeup look.)

What happens when you mix oh-god-keep-it-off-my-face braids (also known as “partial French” or “cascade,” but really, where’s the fun in that) with a Crown of Thorns that constantly thinks it’s dying?

Apparently, the answer is festival-floral hair, to match your face daisies, because why not. It’s thirty degrees and the heat is killing you, so you may as well put some of those panic-flowers into your braids, right?

(Backstory; the plants in our house are constantly flowering, and I’m convinced it’s because they think they’re going to dehydrate & are feeling the need to spawn before it’s all over. Poor things.)

It starts with a braid,

Adds in some flowers,

And ends something that might not actually be all that terrible.

I don’t get terribly excited about hair (love cutting it, love colouring it, love braiding it — but only on other people,) so I’m just crossing my fingers and hoping this isn’t extra-boring for all of you. I can’t even remember the last time I used the hair tag, so I suppose it just goes to show how infrequently it crosses my mind.

And, well for those of you who do like hair:

Check out the full tutorial of the look here.

And hey, about that face…

The makeup in this post is pretty basic, but I did take a few [more] shots of it. Any interest in the product rundown/more photos? I know you’ve already seen it twice (this post, and the storybook daisies one), so I think I’m just going to sit on the photos for a rainy day — but let me know if you want to see more of it, and I’ll get a post up sooner.

I don’t have too much to say about the products used, but I am kind of crazy about this lip colour right now. It’s a Clinique Chubby Stick–Mega Melon–and I can safely say it’s a favourite of the month!

(P.S. Photos and swatches of all the newly-launched shades very soon — I just need to find time to photograph them all.)

• Reply bellachique

Soo pretty, soft and romantic! I wish I could do a braid like that, but mine always end messy and sloppy, lol. Love the addition of the flowers, they contrasts greatly with your black hair :)
    My recent post Colourful Nails with L’oreal Color Riche Nail Polish in Exotic Canaries, Lush Tangerine and Santorini Lagoon

July 20, 2012 at 7:19 AM
  • Reply Clare

Your flower braid is gorgeous!! I wonder if I could pull it off without looking too hippy dippy…

July 20, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  • Reply callitbeautyblog

YOU ARE SO CUUUUTE! *pinches*

I love the idea of braids, but I reallyreallyREALLY suck at them. And I always have this idea that I'd grow my hair out so I can do a fishtail, but that never happens… -_-
    My recent post My New Favourite Eyeliner…

July 20, 2012 at 11:42 AM
  • Reply Jackie

i love flowers in hair! and with the braid, simply gorgeous. great etherial look.
    My recent post Current Obsessions

July 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM

You are so cute. SO CUTE.

Hair and I are not besties. I mean, I like it and am overall satisfied with its color and style, but I have absolutely no interest in tweaking, braiding, blowing out, whatever. I seem to be missing that gene. Still, I love beautiful hair looks on other people :D
    My recent post The Thursday Post

July 20, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • Reply The Beauty Sample

You are a gorgeous, gorgeous girl. Jealous! Plus, I wish I knew how to do my hair! I'm hopeless
    My recent post The Sample: NEW Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in 68 Troublant Review & Swatches

July 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • Reply rokderm

Beautiful!!! Will have a look at the tutorial video now! This is perfect summer braid, me thinks! :)
    My recent post ROKer question concerning Coumarin in cosmetics

July 20, 2012 at 2:08 PM
  • Reply Makeup Kismet

Ugh stop being so darned cute, Rae! I.. I.. I just want to squish you (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

July 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • Reply Liz

You're like a lovely spring fairy! Beautiful!!
    My recent post 2012 Empties Part 6

July 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

Another look for Folk Fest haha! So very pretty Rae!
    My recent post Is There Pink Slime in Your Burgers?

July 21, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • Reply Kiss & Make-up

You look like a doll, so perfect :-) And I love the braid! I've been experimenting with braids a lot lately. I'm currently working on a complicated version of the waterfall braid. Not a success so far, though…

My recent post Beauty spotlight: make-up in the Belgian tricolor

July 22, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • Reply Bun Bun Makeup Tips

You know, you look like those ancient China princesses who always have flowers and ferns in their hair. Pretty!
    My recent post For Asian Hooded Lids: Vertical Gradient Method Of Eyeshadow Application

July 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM
  • Reply Angela

I can't even deal with how adorable you look /flails everywhere
    And those flowers are so sweet and pretty, they don't even look real @__@
    My recent post Zodiac Collaboration: Sagittarius

July 23, 2012 at 1:28 AM
  • Reply Eden-Avalon

Aaah! This is so young and pure! I love it! I think this is the first time i've been genuinely interested in a Chubby Stick too!
    My recent post Life, Cameras and Lacks of Posts