A classic, natural eye with Clarins’ Passion collection

Monday, January 2, 2012

I don’t want to clutter up this post with too much text, but here’s a quick eye look with Clarins Ombre Minérale 4 Couleurs Wet & Dry Eye Quartet Mineral Palette in Smokey Passion. (What a name! Because “quad” wouldn’t have done it?)

As I’m sure all my fellow neutral lovers already know, there are a ton of looks that you can create with just four shades – but I went with something light, fresh, and a little bit ethereal, using mainly the silver shimmer and the taupe in the bottom right corner of the palette. Then, for a bit of definition, I added a flick of black liner – Annabelle Black Spark, because I wanted to keep that translucent feel, and its sheen makes it perfect for that.

I’ll be reviewing the quad in full tomorrow, but needless to say, it’s absolutely lovely. I might try a more full-on look with it later this week, depending on how much time I have, because I’m certain it would create an intense look that’s just as flawless as this is – that’s the beauty of dense, finely milled eyeshadows, after all.

Products used

EYES: Clarins Smokey Passion Wet & Dry Eye Quartet Mineral Palette, MAC Matte2 Eye Shadow in Blanc Type, Annabelle Liquid Eyeliner in Black Spark, Déjàvu Fiberwig Extra Long Mascara in Black

CHEEKS: Smashbox Matte Eyeshadow in Smoke, Clinique Gradient Powder Blusher in Black Honey

SKIN: Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer in Light, Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent

Eye look featured also here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

19 Responses to “A classic, natural eye with Clarins’ Passion collection”

1. jamilla, on January 2nd, 2012 at 8:18 am said:

I adore this look! Fabulous liner and cheekbones, as always!

2. You are still glowing :D
    My recent post The Moment of Truth: December

3. Haha, thank you, Larie ;o)

4. Love this look! I may have to run out today to pick up this palette!

5. Thanks, Meg! Hope you like the palette x

6. I think you summed up this look perfectly with 'ethereal' :) It's very light and glowy and all kinds of pretty.

I would love to see a more full-on look with this as well! Sounds gorgeous.
    My recent post Color Revival EOTD & Tutorial

7. BeautyReflects, on January 2nd, 2012 at 3:04 pm said:

You look gorgeous Rae! Love the look. I've been really into the natural kind of looks lately too. Can hardly wait for the full review!
    My recent post Tarina Tarantino Pearl Glow Primer in Pearl Nude Will NOT Make You Look Like A Cullen

8. Kate & Zena, on January 2nd, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

I think this is one of the most beautiful looks on you, Rae. I know everyone thinks that dramatic looks are the most beautiful, but my being someone who is in constant pain (though I do a damn good job at disguising it), I love the natural and easy looks best (not that I don't do dramatic and artsy looks!) I love very simple, very natural looks. If I do anything artistic, it's done on my hair, quite frankly.

P.S. LOOK! I got a website, finally! Well, it's a tumblr, but you can finally look at all the things I am up to! (Or, well, nearly!) (If you can't see it, let me know!)

9. You look beautiful!

10. <3 thank you! Will try to do a heavier look tomorrow. Depends how much daylight we're getting, at this point :P

11. Sooon! I was supposed to do it today but then I finished the Hunger Games trilogy instead >.<

So. Worth. It.

12. Aww, thank you! I have to agree with you – 99% of the time, it's the neutral looks that I'll go for. Anything that disguises the fact that I was up at five, tossing and turning and desperately waiting for the NSAIDs of the night to start working! Just as long as I don't scare the children :P

I CAN'T SEE IT! *looks around desperately* :(

13. Thank you! :)

14. Kate & Zena, on January 3rd, 2012 at 11:12 pm said:

Oh, ouch, you're still on NSAIDs? My doc booted me up to narcotics for when I need it. (VICODIN!) I have it for my migraines (I have a triptan as well, but my triptan doesn't work on all of my migraines), but my doctor said I can take it for my pain if it's bad enough (read: when I'm on a baking or crafting bug and I forget about using my splints. Yep, did that recently. BAD, BAD, KATIE.)

I got my shots recently and my pain is much better now, but it was pretty bad for a while. I did not have shots for six months because my doctor wanted to know how my migraines were without shots. I wasn't amused. I had a migraine about 2 times a week. Was. Not. HAPPY. Migraines, funnily enough, start affecting other parts of your body after awhile. I forgot what it was like to be in that much pain. Shots are heavenly! (Although, if you ask me, I want my mom's Botox. No headaches for three months? I want that!)

My tumblr is kateandzena.tumblr.com I'm still trying to figure it all out even though I've had it for a month or so. Sometimes I think tumblr is more confusing than Facebook!

15. [...] the quad in last week’s Lipstick Bandit feature, or this Monday’s Clarins Passion makeup look. I still haven’t found time to do a darker eye with the palette, but I hope to before the [...]

16. Bleh, yes. My docs are all, "Drugs! Drugs! Here, have some drugs!" when I tell them I'm fine, and when I finally ask about stronger painkillers (Advil's not cutting it anymore), the tune changes to, "I'm not sure you should try anything stronger." /headdesk

Sorry to hear about the migraines, hon :( But I'm glad they're better than they were while you were off the shots! I don't really get headaches anymore, but I used to — bad ones, two or three a week, so I can sympathize. (Unfortunately, I can't offer any helpful tips, either, though. Mine were more of the running-on-caffeine-instead-of-sleep and unmitigated-anxiety-disorder type than anything, er, directly treatable without lifestyle changes or anti-depressants. Nothing a little R&R couldn't fix.)

Will give your tumblr a read when I have the time! I'm not daring enough to start one up, personally – the internet is already enough of an adversary as it is :P

17. Kate & Zena, on January 6th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Oh my gosh, I know! The internet is an adversary! But, I figured, since my OnSugar blog somehow got deleted (and I just wasn't in the mood to fight for it back) and this was a place I could post public (not the super private or private crap as it still has no privacy settings. I still have my Xanga for that), why not get one? It's just a place where I post things I find interesting or dog tips, what I'm up to, what I've made, Zena stuff, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

It's MY version of twitter. I could never get a twitter without cutting myself in half and regrowing the other halves so there's two of me, so this is it. No Twitter for me. I'd die. This is my "twitter." You want my twitter, this is where I'm pointing you. It's my more than a 140 character twitter. Ha ha ha ha ha!

18. LOL! Yeah, the 140 char limit just kills me sometimes. And I can see why it wouldn't work well w/ you! ;) Sorry about your OnSugar blog, though – that sucks : (

19. Cathrine, on January 31st, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

Hi! Just wanted to say that I love your blog and the beautiful, subtle looks you create (especially the one above). Obviously, I'm a bit late to the party with this limited edition quad, but maybe you know of a dupe? I'm a total newbie at the whole eyeshadow thing, but I think I could make it work with these colors and the way you apply them:) Thanks!

Write a Comment