All that glitters is gold | 2011’s go-to look

Most ladies pull out the neutrals for their go-to look. Maybe a little flick of black liner here; a bit of a cat eye there. But, well – normal was never an option, now, was it?

For those of you still searching for an easy Holiday look, try this one. A touch of Marcelle Lux Diamond Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Gold has been my default since the summer, and not just because Marcelle and Annabelle do some seriously gorgeous glitters. Sure, a bit of glitter liner is pretty, but their formula is also easy to apply, but it’s also subtle – and it wears all day, with zero fading, smudging, or flaking, even on the oiliest of lids.

Pair with a bit of mascara, a natural lip, and fresh, satin-matte skin. I’m partial to Imju Fiberwig, a mascara that’s both tubing and fibrous – it holds a curl all day long, doesn’t flake, and wears right from 6AM to 12PM without smudging. Y’know… for those extra-long long days.

For the cheeks, I usually go with a light, cool pink – think MAC Well Dressed (what I used), NARS Mata Hari, etc. Any one of these pink pressed powder blushers would be perfect! The trick, I think, to pulling off a really simple eye look is to pair it with winter-fresh skin: that bare flush, plus a base that’s not quite matte, but not quite dewy. Marcelle’s powders are perfect for this, loose or pressed.

I typically don’t add shimmer to my skin or cheeks — the glitter’s enough to steal the show! — but if you wanted to, go with one of the gorgeous pressed powders that came out this Holiday season (rather than a creme or liquid). This would be perfect for a bit of flush and hilight.

More Pure Gold here and here, & a Lux liner review here.

Products used

EYES: Marcelle Lux Diamond Liquid Eyeliner in Pure Gold, Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Expresso, Imju Fiberwig Extra Long Mascara in Black

LIPS: Clarins Rouge Prodige in Passion Rose

SKIN: MAC Powder Blush in Well Dressed, Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light, Marcelle Loose Powder in Translucent

Lovely as always, my dear. I think you're right about the barest hint of a flush on cheeks – I have been loving that effect myself, lately. But I've been completely lacking in eye makeup inspiration, and for some reason this month lipsticks all make me look silly. I'm retiring, I think :P
    My recent post De-Grinch Week Day 2: Sparkly, by Color

December 19, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  • Reply BeautyReflects

Love it! Very understated, yet festive. If you wanted to add a red lip with this eye you could too!
    My recent post Julep Maven Review and Giveaway!

December 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM
  • Reply Worshipblues

Sublime! I like the hint of glitz, it's really quite magical.

December 19, 2011 at 3:05 PM
  • Reply Tiffany

Simple, yet so pretty! The holidays wouldn't be complete without some sparkles. :]
    My recent post Recap of Shecky's Girls Night Out~

December 19, 2011 at 3:45 PM
  • Reply Rocaille

That liner is just pure perfection! Thanks for shameless linking too :) x
    My recent post RockEye: Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara Review

December 19, 2011 at 4:27 PM
  • Reply peach_

Can't go wrong with gold, I say! I love the subtle sparkle. And my goodness, you are flawless. <3
    My recent post Julep Nail Vernis Michelle

December 19, 2011 at 5:02 PM
  • Reply Jamilla

Such a perfectly amazing look!

December 19, 2011 at 5:42 PM
  • Reply Makeup Morsels

I can never get over how nice your skin is! Love a touch of gold for the holidays, somehow it's understated and glamorous at the same time.

P.S. Lately, I see Parure de Nuit everywhere I turn! Maybe because I want it so badly and keep Googling it o.O
    My recent post A Very Merry DIY + Affordable Holiday Gifts

December 19, 2011 at 8:40 PM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

I'm going to have to agree with Arianne… Your eyebrows are gorgeous!
    My recent post A Forced Hiatus on Call It Beauty.

December 19, 2011 at 11:44 PM
  • Reply Arianne

Your eye and face shots are just absolutely stunning. I love this as a go-to look! This gold glitter liner is just enough to make a statement, but not loud and over-the-top.

I like to wear this on top of black or brown pencil on my top lash line on lazy days, too. But I rarely do it. These days, my go-to look is kitten eye liquid liner. What can I say; I like kittens!
    My recent post Merry Christmas!

December 25, 2011 at 10:58 AM