Get graphic: a cut-out eye of the day

I had originally planned on just doing a weird liner look, but once the liner was in place, I couldn’t help but fill it in with colour. So, today’s makeup look is sort of two makeup looks, really!

I’m more inclined to the colour version (of course), but I did like both. Hope you enjoy them just as much as I did!

Just the liner

The liner, plus copious amounts of colour

Products used (neutral + liner)

Lids and undereye: theBalm timeBalm Concealer in Lighter Than Light, NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (white base), MAC Matte2 Eye Shadow in Blanc Type (neutral lid colour)

Lines and lashes: Marcelle Liquid Eye Liner in Black, L’Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara in Black

Other: Smashbox Eye Shadow in Smoke (brows)

Products added (colour)

Pressed eyeshadows: Flirt! unnamed eyeshadow (violet), Annabelle Mono Eye Shadow in Lagoon (deep blue)

Loose colour: MAC Pigments in Lovely Lily (shimmery lilac), Vanilla (inner corner hilight), and Naked (middle of lid)

Other: Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Liner in Lust (waterline)

• Reply Eli

Beautiful and inspiring! Thanks!
    My recent post Going camping? Take these with you!

July 11, 2011 at 6:25 AM
  • Reply Bailey

This is so cool! What was your inspiration? You must have such a steady hand to free hand like that!

July 11, 2011 at 6:27 AM
  • Reply Jilliterate

Cooooooooooooooooool.

July 11, 2011 at 6:50 AM
  • Reply Soos

That really changes the appearance of your eye structure!
    My recent post The Return of the Vomit Cougher or Bad Neighbors Redux

July 11, 2011 at 6:54 AM
  • Reply Anitacska

Love the filled in look, it's genius! Your blending skills are excellent.
    My recent post Accessorize Icon and Merged Eyeshadows Review and Swatches Part 2

July 11, 2011 at 8:10 AM
  • Reply alison

oh my gosh this is gorgeous. totally rocking this eye next time i go for a night out! love it even more with the colour filled in!

July 11, 2011 at 9:36 AM
  • Reply Joey

So awesome!!

July 11, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Oooh, how cool! And UD Lust is gorgeous. I need that. I'm not sure I could pull this off, though. I tried a double winged split liner thing yesterday, looked in the mirror, and collapsed into a fit of giggles. Artsy looks are not for me!
    My recent post Dior Sérum de Rouge: 850 Red Serum

July 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM
  • Reply callitbeautyblog

i love this SO.MUCH.
    My recent post Liz Earle Skincare: Instant Boost Skin Tonic & Skin Repair Moisturiser

July 11, 2011 at 11:06 AM
  • Reply jamilla

best Asian eye makeup EVER!

July 11, 2011 at 12:48 PM
  • Reply BooBooNinja

Hi Rae, I discovered your blog last month and I must tell you it's fantastic! I smile every time Google Reader tells me that you've posted something new. I'm new to makeup (shocking at my age) and I have a tiny makeup collection. I have a handful of neutral and colourful eyeshadows but I've never worn them outside. The most makeup I've worn is eyeliner and mascara — twice when going out for dinner. I find that most eye makeup tutorials (elsewhere) are heavy handed. Though the looks are great for those people, I can't bring myself to do the same to my eyes. Going from no makeup to gobs of makeup on a smaller Asian eye crease is not my thing. Your minimalism and penchant for colour are right up my alley.

Do you do any video tutorials of your eye looks? (I hope so.)

As a fellow Canadian, I enjoy your reviews and inclusion of brands I can get at my local SDM or LD. Last thing to this long post — thanks for making me feel like a "cool kid" with your post on Marcelle's brow crayon. I was shocked that I had something that a blog was talking about. (Granted, I had only bought it a few days before reading the post but that's beside the point. hee hee!)

Keep up the great work!

July 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

Love. Love. Love!!!
    My recent post Lush Dirty Makes Me Feel Clean!

July 11, 2011 at 10:02 PM
  • Reply Angela

Highly envious of your liner skillz (so good it required a z). Both are great but I prefer it with colour too!
    My recent post Do you live in Vancouver? If so, you need Daiso in your life. It has everything, and usually for…

July 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM
  • Reply Jfunnyvalentine

OMFG this looks awesome.
    My recent post Shimmery teal eye for grownups feat. Inglot (and kittehs!)

July 12, 2011 at 12:25 AM
  • Reply Fieran

This is beautiful.. you're making me crave UD's Lust liner now :)

July 12, 2011 at 12:38 AM
  • Reply Tine

Phwoar. GORGEOUS!
    My recent post Zoe Foster’s Amazing Face

July 12, 2011 at 5:19 AM
  • Reply mneiai

Very awesome! I actually think both look really cool, though I prefer the colored one, too, it's kind of scifi. Makes me wish I could pull off cut crease looks.

July 12, 2011 at 11:43 AM
  • Reply Eden-Avalon

Wow! This is really unique and cool. The liner one looks couture while the colored looks clubby.

July 12, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • Reply Kate & Zena

Definitely a look suited for your beautiful monolids. It would look ten times different with my double eyelid eyes! (Very, very VERY different! I wouldn't even attempt it.)

Very gorgeous.

July 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM
  • Reply madamebfatale

This is really stunning (both combinations!) I fully appreciate how hard it is to get the lines so clean and even!
    My recent post Gillette introduces a new razor and I got to introduce the boyfriend into my world….

July 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM
  • Reply Katherine

So pretty. Love the editorial look.
    My recent post FACE atelier Lipstick Swatches

July 15, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • Reply Silhouettex

All I can do is flail right now. You have no idea how much I love this look, with and without the shading. :D

July 24, 2011 at 12:24 AM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » Black Box Week | Annabelle “Black Spark” Liquid Eyeliner review, photos, swatches

[…] and it’s easy to get your line just right. If I’m doing a particularly large wing or a graphic sort of liner, though, I do find that I have to re-dip part way (because the applicator’s so […]

August 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM
  • Reply themakeuplady

i love it! it's not very often i compliment a fellow artist, but yes the look is beautiful. you have perfect eyelids for it too. i prefer without colour but the shading is beautiful on the with :)

September 2, 2011 at 1:16 PM
  • Reply Alice

I want to try this sooo bad! The eyeliner that you used for drawing the outlines, is that with pencil or liquid?

October 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM
  • Reply Love. It. at Literature Couture

[…] It. November 20th, 2011 by Jenn http://thenotice.net/2011/07/cut-out-eye/ .fb_iframe_widget { vertical-align: top !important; margin-left: 16px !important; } […]

November 20, 2011 at 7:27 AM
  • Reply Looks To Try: Conceptual Eyeliner | vTech

[…] thenotice.net 12. […]

January 27, 2015 at 9:48 PM
  • Reply Looks To Try: Conceptual Eyeliner | Pekanbaru.mx

[…] thenotice.net 12. […]

April 19, 2015 at 2:54 PM
  • Reply Looks To Try: Conceptual Eyeliner | Darnmeme

[…] thenotice.net 12. […]

April 25, 2015 at 12:08 AM
  • Reply 34 Monolid Makeup Tips You Probably Haven’t Tried Yet – Fluffie Fluff

[…] theNotice / Via thenotice.net […]

November 1, 2016 at 8:25 AM
  • Reply Jayne Lim

How I ended up on this post from eons ago is beyond me, but this is SO COOL! I feel like I could actually do this! You blend so much better than me though so I don't think I would have the softness that you have achieved

December 12, 2016 at 6:22 PM