FaceFront Lust Quest: a melon and teal makeup look

I’m not really the type to wear something like this, but I did promise a look with Sea Storm and Steam… so I hope you like it! It’s just three swipes of colour, really; nothing too complicated – which makes it an easy choice for a quick, super-summery eye.

I think this would look best on a darker skintone (to really make the colours pop), but if it’s your style, I say “go for it!” anyways. I mean, you only live once, right? Personally, though, I do think it makes me look a little jaundiced :P

To complete the look, I’d go with something subtle and peachy on the cheeks (like Clarins Barocco Face Powder or Hard Candy Honeymoon) and this lip.

Products used

Bases: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (all over the lid), Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Lust (thickly along the lashline)

Colour: FaceFront Artistic Pigments in Amarela (yellow), Sea Storm (seafoam blue/teal), and Steam (melon/orange)

Basics: MAC Matte2 Eye Shadow in Blanc Type, theBalm timeBalm Concealer in Lighter Than Light, L’Oreal HiP Creme Eyeliner in Black (upper lashline)

Lashes: 100% Pure Fruit Pigmented Ultra Lengthening Mascara in Black Tea

Alternatives…

I know that a lot of you are anti-loose-pigments (totally understandable; I’m a klutz, too!) so here are a handful of alternative products to try. These are not dupes and are based only on colour family, so please don’t go expecting that they’ll be identical!

• Instead of Amarela, try MAC Chrome Yellow or Make Up For Ever Yellow 2
  • Instead of Sea Storm, try MUFE Pearly Turquoise Blue 150, Urban Decay Flipside, or Annabelle Blue Hue
  • Instead of Steam, try MAC Samoa Silk, MUFE Rust Orange 36, or MUFE Peach Apricot 69.

• Reply Paris B

Aww… this is so pretty and tropical! I might try the same coz I have similar colours in Make Up For Ever star powders (that I hardly use eeks!)
    My recent post Tip- Going Back to Basics – Proper and sufficient hydration heals most skin woes

May 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • Reply eRiN

This is a really unique color combo (at least to me!) and I actually love it! Very fresh for spring :D
    My recent post SUGARPILL Giveaway!!!

May 23, 2011 at 7:12 PM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

Really pretty Rae!! I like that Steam colour a lot-thnk I might have to order it!
    My recent post Best Sephora 500 Point Perk Ever! Too Faced Eye Love Palette!

May 23, 2011 at 7:13 PM
  • Reply Chaosbutterfly

I really love this combo and how it looks on you. Great job!
    My recent post Diamond Cosmetics Concrete Jungle

May 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM
  • Reply callitbeautyblog

WHAT IS THIS AND WHY IS IT SO GORGEOUS?!

i really, REALLY love this (can you tell? :p), rae! fantastic job :).
    My recent post Collection Spotlight- J Mendel – Spring 2011

May 23, 2011 at 7:45 PM

I love oranges :D Why is this not your look – the orange? I think it looks lovely on you :)
    My recent post Dior Hydra Life Pro-Youth Skin Tint SPF 20

May 23, 2011 at 7:46 PM
  • Reply Socialite Dreams

very pretty combination of colors to use :) so spring!
    My recent post All the Way Turned Up – NOTD

May 23, 2011 at 7:54 PM
  • Reply Shivani

What a pretty look. Love it.
    My recent post NARS Chihuahua Lipgloss is the nude of my dreams

May 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM
  • Reply makeupmorsels

Love this color combo! It looks like a tropical fish :)
    My recent post Miscellaneous Monday Morsels 5-23-11

May 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM
  • Reply Silhouettex

AWESOME colour combo! I may steal it one day if I ever get around to it :3
    My recent post Unmentionables

May 24, 2011 at 3:05 AM
  • Reply Chiu

Rae, have you tried the new waterproof eyeliner collection from Yves Rocher? I haven't found the ingredient list, but certain of their colors are really rich (from my memory, teal, green, and copper are the nicer ones)! I presume you have a store nearby since you live in Canada, but here's the website if you don't: http://www.yvesrocher.ca/control/maquillage/crayo

Would follow the summer-tropical looks you're sporting :)

May 24, 2011 at 5:17 AM
  • Reply MFunnyValentine

YOU HAVE NO WRINKLES!!!!

you don't even have FINE LINES! (okay, okay, I'll sit down and stop waving my arms)

Pretty eye look :)
    My recent post Inglot freedom system 5 pan palette- greens and purples

May 25, 2011 at 9:27 PM
  • Reply Nina

Rae please, please stop this because you make me curse my super-freak eyelids. You look ohmygodsoamazinglybeautiful! These colors really look good on you and that teal is to die for. And I second MFunnyValentine, you have no lines under your eyes (I've got quite a population of them under mine -.-) *.* Please do more looks like this so I can live through you :D

May 25, 2011 at 10:00 PM
  • Reply Vonvon

Very pretty and summery look!

I think I will try to do similar with my new Estee Lauder Pink-Teal Shadowstick duo (the teal part) and MAC Melon pigment. Will let you know. :)
    My recent post A-Blush-A-Day- Nos 29 &amp 30- MAC Mineralize Skinfinshes – Refined &amp Light Flush – Swatches &amp Reviews

May 30, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • Reply shareenadean

loving it! IT really look beautiful and fun!!

June 5, 2011 at 4:28 PM