Fyrinnae haul

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I’m getting my sister into makeup (bigtime!) — here are some photos of her Fyrinnae haul! We picked up a couple pigments to turn into multi-use balms with a touch of Vaseline, as pretty much everything “normal” irritates her skin. Photos of those tomorrow!

Koala was the sample colour, and it’s a gorgeous lavender-taupe that looks insanely different as a wash of colour on different skintones. I have zero complaints for the whole order… wrapped up carefully, all gorgeous, and all very pigmented! I <3>

The cute new domed sample jars!

The whole haul
(b) -> glow blush. The others are both eye/lip/cheek-safe eye pigments.

Swatches, both labelled and unlabelled, as you guys seem to prefer that! I
t’s not much harder for me, so I’m all too eager to comply.

Also: we turned Mesmerise, Melty, Enrapture and Kabuki into cream blushes/lip glosses. Check out photos and swatches here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

18 Responses to “Fyrinnae haul”

1. beautifulmonday, on September 29th, 2009 at 12:27 am said:

my order arrived yesterday! i am in the process of testing the eye primer. i got one shadow, one blush, and one sample. (all beautiful, of course!)i am testing the primer with cream shadow today, and it's Crease City, but that could be b/c i applied additional shadow prior to mascara-ing (curling my lashes removed some). will do some swatch tests this afternoon, i think.

2. lovely! kabuki is the kind of color I love, although it doesn't look good on me.btw, do you watermark your pictures? was wondering if it's difficult.

3. Laura: aww, that's too bad =( I hope it fares better in the swatch tests later today, because I had really great hopes for it! I wonder if it works better with traditional powder shadows, rather than cream ones?

4. kuri: Aww, that sucks =( And if you mean the watermark that only shows up when copied — no, I don't. Much too difficult for me!! Image watermarking is easy if you have any sort of photo-editing program, though. I just don't like how it looks, so I don't usually do it x.x

5. beautifulmonday, on September 29th, 2009 at 3:11 am said:

Rae: i'll swatch test it with powders as well as creams and pigments. for sure! i need to know what it can handle. heck i so rarely swatch anything, i might as well do all the fyrinnae samples i have.

6. All Women Stalker, on September 29th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

You know what would be great? A makeup tutorial or showdown with you and your sister. :D-meream

7. Catherine, on September 29th, 2009 at 6:23 am said:

How very pretty!! Koala is just beautiful!

8. Snow White, black? Lol.Oh wait, maybe it's the hair…I love Kabuki too :). Red ^_^, and the name's cute XD.

9. ah, thanks! I kinda meant the visible watermarking, but the other kind sounds cooler. Thanks for the info!

10. almondsandapples, on September 29th, 2009 at 11:05 am said:

Huh, never heard of 'em. I'm intrigued by Kabuki and Melty though…

11. Meream: lol!! She won't sit still for all the photos =P Also, she's heavy on the logic and not exactly predisposed to the artistic… which leads to lots of "HEY RAE HOW DO I DOOOO THIS??!" at inappropriate times.(And she still calls mascara the "stick thingy," which is just super cute.)

12. Catherine: I know!! I'm wondering if the samples are always from their endangered species line? Mine have seemed to be — not complaining, though! I think the line AND the products are greaet ^^

13. Cris: haha, yes it's the hair. I wonder if real kabuki dancers would have used a similar shade? (Yes, clearly, but with the same undertones etc?)

14. Kuri: np =)

15. almondsandappes: You've never heard of Fyrinnae??! -gasp-Absolutely check 'em out, hon. Amazing customer service, shade range, and pigmentation!!

16. Laura: yay!! Thanks m'dear =)

17. beautifulmonday, on September 30th, 2009 at 12:28 am said:

and incidentally my free samples have not been from the Endangered Line. (they vary widely)

18. Laura: haha! I guess I'll just have to keep ordering and break my endangered-line-streak =P

Write a Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5169379 bytes) in /home/content/32/4441132/html/thenotice/wp-includes/functions.php on line 364