Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Via People, via The Insider. My comments italicized.
• She’s frugal. “Sarah gave me a thank-you card after I helped her with her lieutenant-governor race,” said her friend, Kristen Cole, who has known the Alaska governor since childhood. “She liked the card so much that she didn’t sign it so I could give it to someone else.”
Read: she considers herself to be too buys for you, so she didn’t sign your card. Her secretary purchased the damn thing.
• She’s a techie. Palin prefers texting to phone calls.
Read: cannot answer questions under pressure. Has quick thumbs.
• She’s a rock fan. She named her son Trig Paxton Van Palin because it sounds like the band Van Halen. Says friend Judy Patrick, a former city council member who has known Palin for 12 years, “How cool was that to have a kid named Van Palin?”
Read: tries very hard, and yet, is still very lame
• She’s adaptable. Palin used to wear Mary Kay lipstick, but she now prefers MAC.
Read: Palin now considers herself too good for Mary Kay, and is “hip”. But I mean, seriously. You change your shade of lipstick and it means you’re adaptable? Well then, the beauty community consists of freaking chameleons!!
• She’s a traditionalist. Palin is against waxing. Cole recalls: “I remember that one of her girls wanted to get her legs waxed, and Sarah said, ‘Are you kidding me? What’s wrong with a razor?’ “
Read: She’s afraid of something new, unless it benefits her. Seriously people… if she was a man, she would totally be the type of wax-hating gun-bearing up-in-arms man that would hate the idea of a female running mate. Just because she’s female.