Friday, May 2, 2008
Yes! Vaseline is your cure-all beauty product, it is your holy grail! Good ‘ol pure petroleum jelly has been around for years, and for good reason. This has fulfilled every promise 8-hour has made and has come short upon, and more.
But what can you do with this super-cheap holy grail? (Which can be even cheaper, by buying a drugstore brand, which is literally the same! …er, just don’t buy scented. Remember, some of the come smelling like baby powder!)
- Make lipgloss. Like, actually. I have a tutorial (my first!) in the works, but I have to get my act together.
- Use it, pure, as a nice, shiny, clear gloss. Moisturising as hell, and super-cheap, not to mention non-sticky!
- Put it on cuts to help heal them.
- Slather it onto dry elbows and knees to plump ‘em full of moisture.
- Rub into hands, cuticles, and feet – put on cotton socks/gloves, go to sleep, and wake up soft as a baby!
- Use as a clear mascara or brow gel.
- Gloss eyelids – not recommended, gets pretty gross pretty fast.
- Smooth on a thin layer to give sheen to cheekbones, accentuating them…
- …or to give a gloss on your shin bone, making calves look more toned and supermodel-like!
- Put on pre-home-dye-job to help form a barrier between your skin and the dye, keeping you clean and making it easy to wipe off the messy dye.
- Use as a cuticle balm.
- Heap on your lips to moisturise them
- Feed super-dry skin. It’s said that it won’t clog pores, to which I cannot support or rebut, but it does feel gross!
- Remove makeup
Wow! I think I’m done – anyhow, what my point is, is that it’s great. Please do share any other Vaseline tips in the comments!
The verdict: A resounding “Worth the hype”!