Friday, July 29, 2011
I had planned to do our Lid Smoothie coverage in three parts over a week or three - a “coming up” post, a swatch post, and a review. (Oh, and then some EOTD features on the side). The only problem in this plan?
I am extremely, extremely impatient in the short term.
Anyhow, because they’re already available online (I’ve spied them at both Lord & Taylor and Dillard’s), I figured that I may as well post the swatches – after all, they’ll be on counters next month! Which is soon, in case you hadn’t noticed. Too soon :P
Availability: August 2011, $19.50 US / $24 CAD
Shades: Bit O’Honey, Cashew Later, Sassy-fras, Ginger-ly, Cute-cumber, Pinkgo Bilboa, Seventh Heather, Born Freesia, Imprompt-blue, Currant Affair, Lick-orice, Salt and Pepper (italics denote shades that are featured in this post.)
- Currant Affair: red-brown with plummy undertones and red shimmer.
- Born Freesia: sheer lilac with a fine lilac frost and slightly-rose microshimmer. Sheers out to an intriguing almost-no-makeup eye with delicate violet reflects.
- Cute-Cumber: an adorably named medium-dark green with gold shimmer; fairly muted.
- Pinkgo Bilboa: salmon pink with… I think that’s champagne shimmer?
- Bit O’Honey: extremely shimmery champagne – great for a no-makeup look or a wash of luminescence.
Okay – before I leave you to these photos, I want to point out that these have all been swatched heavily. When I do EOTD shots, I’ll be sure to show off their sheerness and opacity (they both layer and blend out quite well), so please just give me time!
Clinique Lid Smoothie swatches L-R: Currant Affair, Born Freesia, Cute-Cumber, Pinkgo Bilboa, Bit O’Honey
Reminds me of…
- Currant Affair: Le Metier de Beaute Alexandrite (more berry), Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 17, MAC Heritage Rouge (more burgundy, more pigmented)
- Born Freesia: Bare Escentuals Flash (more sheer; whiter reflects), MAC Hint of Sapphire
- Cute-Cumber: Inglot 419 (more intense), perhaps MAC Sumptuous Olive (more gold, less green), MAC Spread the Wealth (lighter)
- Pinkgo Bilboa: MAC Expensive Pink (less salmon), MAC Mineral Mode (more white-pink)
- Bit O’Honey: Um, all sheer washes of champagne? Think Stila Kitten, MAC Retrospeck, MAC Femme-Fi. Check out these wash/highlighter swatches if you’re bored.