Clinique Chubby Stick Intense: swatches & full-face photos | Part 1/2

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense swatches

The product: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

↳ in 01 Curviest Caramel, 02 Chunkiest Chili, 03 Mightiest Maraschino, 04 Heftiest Hibiscus, 05 Plushest Punch, 06 Roomiest Rose, 07 Broadest Berry, and 08 Grandest Grape.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm

Clinique Chubby Sticks Intense: full product range (in numerical order)

The full review for these will be coming up next week, but I just had to slip them into the Week of Awesome — and understandably so, I think.

The new Chubby Stick Intenses pair everything I love about Chubby Sticks (comfort, packaging, and a scent-free formula) with everything I love about a great lipstick (wear time, colour, and intense pigment), and then adds some extra awesome (a gorgeous, smooth formula; colour that doesn’t move around; surprisingly great hydration.)

They’re… basically the best.

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense lip swatches

bare lips

for reference

1 Clinique Curviest Caramel swatch, Chunkiest Chili

01 Curviest Caramel / 02 Chunkiest Chili

3 Clinique Mightiest Maraschino swatch, Heftiest Hibiscus

03 Mightiest Maraschino / 04 Heftiest Hibiscus

5 Clinique Plushest Punch swatch, Roomiest Rose

05 Plushest Punch / 06 Roomiest Rose

7 Clinique Broadest Berry swatch Grandest Grape

07 Broadest Berry / 08 Grandest Grape

A few shades I think you’ll love

Clinique Plulshest Punch Chubby Stick Intense

05 Plushest Punch

Clinique Broadest Berry Chubby Stick Intense swatch

07 Broadest Berry

Clinique Grandest Grape Chubby Stick Intense swatch

08 Grandest Grape

In the tubes & with the rest of a face

01 Clinique Curviest Caramel Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 01 Curviest Caramel (my favourite Intense — will be featured in a look next week!)

02 Clinique Chunkiest Chili Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Chunkiest Chili

03 Clinique Mightiest Maraschino Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Mightiest Maraschino

04 Clinique Heftiest Hibiscus Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus (which is so intense that it warps the camera’s auto white balance like WHOA)

06 Clinique Roomiest Rose Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Roomiest Rose

07 Clinique Broadest Berry Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Broadest Berry (my second favourite)

08 Clinique Grandest Grape Chubby Intense

Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape

Availability

Find them at: CliniqueSephoraNordstrom, & Clinique counters.

SRP: $16 USD/$19 CAD

• Reply Lily @ChloeAsh

Curviest Caramel looks really good :-)
    My recent post Let Your Senses Indulge with Bobbi Brown Extra Balm Rinse

February 20, 2013 at 2:13 AM
  • Reply birkie

totally love Roomiest Rose, and like that you have a thing for sticks too
    My recent post Sampling Vapour Beauty: Atmosphere Luminous Foundation 130

February 20, 2013 at 2:51 AM
  • Reply bellachique

Yaaay for chubby sticks! I love that they brought out an intenser version. Ik can't really decide which one I like most on you, you wear them all so well ^^.
    My recent post L’oreal Color Infallible in Flashback Silver 015/Liquid Diamond 996

February 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • Reply chibiqueen

wow.. you have a pretty bare lips.. <3
    love the Curviest Caramel shade the most ^^

February 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

These are all gorgeous (and you're gorgeous!) but something in me hates the superlatives in the names. Excessive, much? :P
    My recent post Experiments of the Week: Feb. 10-16

February 20, 2013 at 10:17 AM
  • Reply Arianne

YES. Broadest Berry or Roomiest Rose for me. I like them.

Thanks for the swatches Rae-whale!
    My recent post Skin Smoothing Brush in a Compact: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light Review, Photos, Swatches

February 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • Reply lilladylife

ahhhhh i looked for curviest caramel today but all out of stock, you stating it is your favorite deems it a MUST SWATCH!

February 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • Reply lilladylife

February 20, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • Reply Elisa

i think i'm in love with all colors <3 omg !!
    My recent post Blogging Tips: How to start a Beauty Blog

February 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • Reply Elisa

i think i'm in love with all colors <3 omg !!
    My recent post Blogging Tips: How to start a Beauty Blog

February 20, 2013 at 6:19 PM
  • Reply Alison

O….M….G.

February 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM
  • Reply Marisa Anderson

Wow. Luv all these great colors. The Grandest Grape shade looks really nice on you.
    My recent post Garnier BB Cream

February 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM
  • Reply LinasBeautyDiary

You are the queen of swatches :) thank you so much for this detailed review!! I cannot wait to get my hands on these little babies ;) oh and btw I really really love your blog and have just added it to my favorites list :) I hope you don't mind xx
    My recent post New Favorite!! Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 24hr Wear

February 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
  • Reply toyarosie

I think I've said before that even though I work for Clinique, I'm not a huge fan of some of their makeup, the original Chubby Sticks included. HOWEVER. These are SO EFFING AWESOME!!!!! I've been testing them out at the counter, and I think my fave so far is Plushest Punch – OMG what a fabulous shade, and so bright and happy! I'm also hankering to get Grandest Grape, Heftiest Hibiscus, and Mightiest Marachino. We have a school next month and I'm SO hoping we get one of these :D

February 24, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • Reply Maggie

Gorgeous colours, and whoa mama, the pigmentation!

My recent post Becca Beach Tint – Strawberry, Dragonfruit and Watermelon

February 25, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • Reply Maggie

Gorgeous colours, and whoa mama, the pigmentation!

My recent post Becca Beach Tint – Strawberry, Dragonfruit and Watermelon

February 25, 2013 at 2:06 AM
  • Reply rasilla

I have NO idea how I missed this post of yours!
    Anyway I got Grandest Grape as a bday gift, and was in love! I was tempted to try the regular chubby sticks, but as my lips are kind of pigmented, I thought the intense ones would suit me best…and boy…i regret waiting so long :)

Your swatches make me want more…MOAR! xD

February 25, 2013 at 9:58 AM
  • Reply Hello There, My Pretties: My Latest Wishlist | Glitter Geek

[…] These opaque versions of the popular Chubby Sticks are getting amazing reviews, most recently from theNotice. I like Roomiest Rose and Broadest Berry the […]

February 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM
  • Reply Ana Leote

Curviest Caramel is so beautiful!
    My recent post Pretty Chic

February 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
  • Reply Nika's Beauty Land

Wow I love it! I find this post really helpful. I will try this, just not shure which colour. Do you have a favourite??
    xoxo Nika

February 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • Reply MizzJ

I love Chubby sticks! Agreed, they are such a great combo of balm and lipstick, giving that nice matte look without all the lines. Reading this post makes me want Curviest Caramel. I was looking at it before, but was worried it would wash me out, but it looks like it has some nice pigment to it.

March 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • Reply Joyce

Wow, thanks! Very in depth review, you just convinced me to go out and buy the chubby sticks! :) I was thinking of Hibiscus but I might also pick up Curviest Caramel as well, it looks very versatile!
    My recent post New design blog

November 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM
  • Reply Carly

Thanks for the swatches, I'd usually play it safe and just get Curviest Caramel or the pink colours, BUT given your comment about Heftiest Hibiscus on the other chubby stick post- It might be worth the risk! Orange tones usually don't mesh with me yet i would like to introduce some into my collection, this might be it ^_^
    My recent post Mac – Something About Pink Nail Lacquer