The Lipstick Bandits | Valentine’s Day makeup & a few pink lip picks

LB Valentine's Look outtake

I don’t want to write a post it’s really late I just want to go to bed

No, seriously, I am so bored of my face, can I just go to bed now please

I feel like I have a lot of feelings about things in general, but… not a ton about most holidays. I mean, I love a Lipstick Bandits collaboration as much as the next person (usually more, sometimes [somehow] less), but — Valentine’s? Yeah, I could do without it.

Lipstick Bandits Valentine's pink lip

Korres Raspberry Liquid Lipstick in Berry, blotted heavily with YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in Tasty Raspberry overtop.

With that in mind, I figured I’d do a kiss-proof lip for this round of Bandit posts. Because if there’s one thing I do believe in, it’s not getting lipstick all over someone else’s face! I feel like it’s somehow almost rude — an unanticipated side effect of close face-proximity; the stubble burn of the makeup-wearing world.

(Which is to say, prevent if possible but be ready to make sacrifices in the name of awesome.)

Valentine's Day makeup look

Valentine's eye

On the eyes, I have on the pink/gold half of Clinique Strawberry Fudge Duo through the lid, with a bit of cool-toned depth added to the outer corner (think Inglot 358), and smoked-out black liner.

Finish with mascara and move on: I’ve been testing out Senna Volupulash Mascara the past few days, and I love it so far. (It’s quite a dry formula, with great wear and a full-but-clump-free lash.) On the cheeks I applied Senna Faded Rose, an old favourite; it’s a great, versatile neutral cheek.

Aside from lip balm reapplication (no mirror needed!), the look holds up like a peach — there’s no need to fret about lipstick transfer or touchups, so you can focus on the important stuff instead.

Pink lids and lips - makeup look

See the other Lipstick Bandits’ Valentine’s Lip Picks

& new to the Lipstick Bandits this time around!

Rose + gold makeup look

Products used

EYES

Basics: NARS Smudge Proof Pro Prime Eyeshadow Base, Annabelle Smoothie Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Licoriche, Senna Volupulash Mascara in Black.

Colour: Clinique Colour Surge Eyeshadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge (pink), MAC Pigment in Mauvement, Senna Haute Nudes Multi Makeup Palette in Mystic (matte grey-violet).

Pink and gold eyeshadow, smokey eyeliner

LIPS

Korres Raspberry Liquid Lipstick in 28 Berry (blotted heavily; discontinued but I picked mine up here), YSL Volupté Sheer Candy in 12 Framboise Craquante.

To dupe this, try a YSL Glossy Tint or L’Oreal Shine Caresse — review on the former coming up soon. (Spoiler alert, they’re totally as amazing as everyone says they are.)

SKIN

theBalm timeBalm Concealer in Lighter Than Light, Smashbox Eye Shadow in SmokeSenna Sheer Face Color in Faded Rose.

Kiss-proof pink lip

• Reply Happy Bandit Valentine | ChloeAsh – A Beauty Blog

[…] theNotice: a beauty blog‎ […]

February 4, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • Reply Lipstick Bandits x Valentine’s Day | Glitter Geek

[…] theNotice: a beauty blog‎ […]

February 4, 2013 at 6:01 AM
  • Reply Musing on Beauty

Let's face it, this kissproof look is the most sensible one of the bunch for a Valentine's look :))
    My recent post Pink, it was love at first sight (A Lipstick Bandit adventure)

February 4, 2013 at 6:14 AM
  • Reply Lily @ChloeAsh

Looking gorgeous as always, Rae. Understated AND beautiful at the same time :-)
    My recent post Happy Bandit Valentine

February 4, 2013 at 6:18 AM
  • Reply Alison M

" Because if there’s one thing I do believe in, it’s not getting lipstick all over someone else’s face!" <—— You are amazing, lol! And so is your hair in these pictures, but I can't put my finger on what's different…
    My recent post Were You Crazy In Love With Beyonce’s Superbowl Halftime Show Makeup?

February 4, 2013 at 6:26 AM
  • Reply bellachique

Rae, why are you so damn pretty! Your hair is so perfect for this look (it's always perfect tho!) and the eyes and the lips, everything! I can't handle it, aaaah! :p
    My recent post Come Over To The Dark Side…With The Lipstick Bandits!

February 4, 2013 at 6:45 AM
  • Reply Rocaille

Great idea to fo a bullet-proof lip! Interestingly enough, when I asked Mr if lipstick transfer is a concern for him, he looked at me like I was slightly deranged (which, I guess, I might be, sometimes). Maybe we don't really kiss much on dates anymore? Oh the horrors of a marriage!

February 4, 2013 at 9:18 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

Great idea for sure! Love the whole look on you-it's very pretty and date appropriate for sure.

February 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM

YOUR HAIR. YOUR HAIR. /FLAILS
    My recent post Hearts Galore! (Or, the Bandits do Valentine's Day)

February 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM
  • Reply I Feel That Lipstick Bandit Love | Makeup Morsels

[…] theNotice: a beauty blog‎ […]

February 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • Reply mostlysunnybunny

Aww I like! It's such a great idea to have kissing-proof lips. I can probably do the same with my Becca Grapefruit. It stays on like a champion and doesn't feel sticky at all!

February 4, 2013 at 11:49 AM
  • Reply smashinbeauty

beautiful lookxD

February 4, 2013 at 1:42 PM
  • Reply The Beauty Sample

I seriously love this. This is the kind of look i love to wear most days (except of course it isn't done half as well as yours :P) and I think it'd be the perfect look for people who are just planning a relaxed, cozy night in on Valentines Day (like me!! )
    My recent post And the Winner of the Jouer Bare Beauty Giveaway Is…

February 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • Reply Jessica

I absolutely love the look, Rae! Particularly the messy hair shot :)

♥ Jessica
    My recent post The Lipstick Bandits: Rose Romance

February 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM
  • Reply gigi

love it! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger

February 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM
  • Reply Nancy

Jeeze, your photos are always so great looking. I love the way you use eye-shadow.
    My recent post MAKE UP FOR EVER launches the Technicolor Palette

February 4, 2013 at 6:50 PM
  • Reply Makeup Morsels

Your makeup is always on point, but this look is particularly lovely. It seems dreamy Valentine's makeup suits you rather well ;) Your cheekbones! Your hair! etc etc
    My recent post I Feel That Lipstick Bandit Love

February 4, 2013 at 10:41 PM
  • Reply Jen W

So happy that you've managed to fit in this post after what sounds like a very busy week- love the kiss proof lip, and LOL at 'stubble burn of the makeup world'.

As the aussies say- you're such good value, Rae :) (it means, you're hilarious and we will invite you to all our parties)

February 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM
  • Reply Alison

The looks you do are always so elegant and beautiful. Look at your hair!

Gorgeous kiss-proof lip. Actually, I really love a pink lip on you, surprisingly, despite being someone who doesn't do light pink. Ever. EVER.

(I'm sure you could talk me into it, though!)

February 5, 2013 at 3:24 AM
  • Reply eight

So gorgeous!
    My recent post Life in Pictures vol. 01

February 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • Reply Beauty Box

Oh wow…I love your lip colour… And the whole look is so natural and sweet….well done :) Great for a V-Day date with a guy who likes his girl to be natural looking…
    My recent post Dec/Jan Empties

February 6, 2013 at 5:13 AM
  • Reply emmabovary

Totally forgot how much I love Clinique's Strawberry Fudge, I haven't worn it in such a long time!

February 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM
  • Reply Paris B

You look so sweet Rae! *flails* A look I can never pull off and I love how your hair is just tumbling over your face in romantic curls. A very lovely and practical choice of colour and texture :)
    My recent post Face Oils: 3 of the best that failed to impress

February 7, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • Reply Valentine’s Day Makeup: A Lipstick Bandits Post | My Funny Valentine

[…] theNotice: a beauty blog […]

March 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM