The New Superheroes | An introduction to the Lipstick Bandits

A little while ago, a few of my fellow bloggers and I stumbled into a rather interesting situation. (Liz, I’m totally blaming you for this one.) It involved six bloggers, a thread of very strange tweets, and one very important thing we all have in common: the ability to create lipstick lemmings in a super-stealthy manner.

(Because honestly, why would you need a mask if you’re not doing it stealthily?)

Of course, when you’ve always wanted to do mask makeup and the opportunity is dropped into your lap like this – well, you can’t just pass it up.

As I write this, I still haven’t seen the other five masks – so I’m just as excited as you are to see  how everyone else interpreted the challenge! To check out more black-mask-red-lip FOTDs, head on over to Eye Heart It, Beauty Reflections, Glitter Geek, call it beauty., and Makeup Morsels.

I’m willing to bet that Arianne and Dani (Glitter Geek and call it beauty., respectively) will be the only other ladies posting full-face shots, but hey, a girl can hope! :P Full-face or not, I know I’m in good company for this one, and I hope you enjoy (all of) the looks.

I actually created two versions of this, which in retrospect, was actually a terrible idea. Because now I want to just to share tons and tons of photos of each, which just… well. It’s a lot of images. I’ve chosen just nine images in total to upload, which is a feat in its own right!

One look (directly above) features strong, opaque red lip, and a half-lash of falsies – I went with Annabelle Adrenaline for the red, because all of my other favourites have long since been discontinued – while the other (at the top of the post) showcases a more translucent, glossy lip, with a bit of glitter along the top of the mask.

(Which one do you like more? I think I prefer the lighter lip, with the glitter liner and without the lashes.)

Products used: eyes and mask

Eyes: MAC Pigments in Grape, Fuchsia, and Lovely Lily, MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Silverplate, Annabelle Le Big Show mascara in Black

Mask: Annabelle Smoothie Extreme Longwear Eyeshadow Pencil in Licoriche, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero, Annabelle Glitter Eyeliner in Blast Off

Glitters: FaceFront Ultra-Steel Finish Artistic Pigment in Silver Fox, Coastal Scents Purple Punch Glitter 0.004 particle size (would not recommend!)

Products used: lips and cheeks

Lips: Annabelle Rouge Velours in 210 Adrenaline, Stila Lip Glaze in Brown Sugar (applied sparing after blotting)

Cheeks: Smashbox Matte Eye Shadow in Smoke

Details, details… a few more shots

(It’s hard not to break a smile when you’re quite literally dressed up as glittery, shimmery, red-lipped bandit and taking photos of yourself in thirty-degree weather!)

Okay, that’s it for today. I’m not sure about you, but I’m definitely feeling rather image-overwhelmed :P Hope you liked the look, and make sure to check out my fellow Bandits’ masks as well! xx

• Reply Danielle

I love the way your mask turned out!!! So beautiful! Would actually be a great Halloween makeup look too.

September 12, 2011 at 6:28 AM
  • Reply Arianne

Oh my effing gah… this is just breathtaking Rae! I had this *exact* idea in my head, then I realized that my current set of makeup skillz won't do it justice. :P Seriously, AMAZING job on your mask. And I'm not just saying that because you used glitter. ;)
    My recent post Beware of the Lipstick Bandits.

September 12, 2011 at 6:45 AM
  • Reply Elaine A

Whoa! I love how this mask looks 3-D, you are super talented!!!!
    My recent post The Last Time I Wore Shorts and a new clutch!

September 12, 2011 at 7:32 AM
  • Reply Stacey

This is absolutely STUNNING Rae!! I couldnt help but browse up at down at all the details in your mask, I LOVE the subtle hints of purple and silver glitters. You did such a good job! I can't wait to see what the others come up with!
    My recent post Review: Sleek Makeup Storm i-Divine Eyeshadow Palette

September 12, 2011 at 8:04 AM
  • Reply callitbeautyblog

OH-EM-GED *thud*

i bow to you, rae! yours is my favourite! <3 <3 <3

p.s. do you mind editing my link? turns out i had a reason to be paranoid – i gave you all the wrong link >.<
    My recent post About Face – The Lipstick Bandit

September 12, 2011 at 8:05 AM
  • Reply Socialite Dreams

eeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!! how gorgeous
    My recent post Finding Inspiration In Role Models

September 12, 2011 at 8:07 AM
  • Reply Beware of the Lipstick Bandits. | Glitter Geek

[…] @ theNotice Disclosure: Products marked with * were sent by PR/manufacturers for consideration […]

September 12, 2011 at 8:19 AM
  • Reply Jamilla

You guys are adorable!

September 12, 2011 at 8:35 AM

LOVE, RAE! I love the purple! And I actually love the super dark lip, but then I also like the glitter…gah! It's all too pretty :)
    My recent post We're Lipstick Bandits!

September 12, 2011 at 8:49 AM
  • Reply A Walk in the Closet

This look is awesome! I love the purple blended into the black "mask".
    My recent post Can't Stop Buying…Love &amp; Beauty Nailpolishes

September 12, 2011 at 8:58 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

LOVE it Rae! It's so beautiful and it's so you!! ;)
    My recent post Lipstick Bandits Away!

September 12, 2011 at 9:43 AM
  • Reply Vulcan_Butterfly

I love the glitter liner and lashes, but I prefer the darker lip!

September 12, 2011 at 10:18 AM
  • Reply Isabel

WHOA! Leave it to Rae to create an amaaaaaaazing look! Mums all over Canada wil be shopping for the Annabelle Smoothie for Halloween =0)

September 12, 2011 at 11:01 AM
  • Reply The Legend of the Lipstick Bandits | Makeup Morsels

[…] Rae […]

September 12, 2011 at 11:14 AM
  • Reply Soo

I love how subtle the purple is on the eyes! along with the glitter and the gradient on the bottom I think yours is my favorite next to Tracy's :)
    My recent post Urban Decay Eyeshadows in Gash and Jones

September 12, 2011 at 11:54 AM
  • Reply Eden-Avalon

I didn't even notice the purple around the eyes until the close up! What a multifaceted mask! And I, like the others, prefer the darker lip look.
    My recent post G&G Maxiy Barbie Brown/Walkure Brown – Circle Lens Review and FOTD

September 12, 2011 at 2:38 PM
  • Reply Vesna

Really AMAZING! This should be daily makeup, I love it! :) <3
    My recent post Bourjois Effet Smoky Eyeliner To Smudge Swatches

September 12, 2011 at 3:55 PM
  • Reply Eugenia

This is OUTRAGEOUS!!!! God, I love this look! You remind me of the mask Daryl Hannah gives herself in one my all-time favourite movies, Bladerunner. It's futuristic, edgy, and everything cool! What a phenomenal look for a masquerade ball!! (who needs those stupid papier maché masks anyway?!!) Stunning!
    My recent post Moroccanoil Frizz Control (trial &amp; review)

September 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM
  • Reply rasilla

(If I double posted, sorry!)
    This is insane!
    I am planning on doing this for halloween…well I will attempt it…we will see what happens.

ahhhh sooo awesome, you ladies are so funny :)
    But a really fun challenge~

September 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM
  • Reply Makeup Morsels

Words cannot even describe how gorgeous this is! I love the combo of the silver+purple+black. I'm also partial to the version with glitter liner because glitter is awesome :) I'd totally be up for doing a collab with you guys again, if inspiration strikes in the future.
    My recent post The Legend of the Lipstick Bandits

September 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM
  • Reply Liz (Reductionista)

You guys are KILLING this Lipstick Bandit thing! I totally accept the blame/credit!!!! :D

Amazing amazing look, Rae! God, so much talent in one pool of friends. I am SO impressed!
    My recent post Drugstore Discovery: NYC Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in &quot;Rose Glow&quot;

September 12, 2011 at 8:13 PM
  • Reply Jen W

This look is fierce and pure makeup art. Love everything about this look including the gorgeous red!

September 12, 2011 at 8:31 PM
  • Reply Kate & Zena

I love the one at the top. It's really pretty.

How many Zero eyeliners did you go through?

September 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM
  • Reply emmabovary

That is adorable!Really like the slight glittered line at the top of the mask, sets it off really nicely.
    My recent post A Summer Sparkler!

September 12, 2011 at 10:34 PM
  • Reply Ezzy

This undoubtedly is the best look I have seen in a while. I really like the glittered outline below mixed with purple. Amazing work *thumbs up*
    My recent post Giveaway Winner!!!

September 13, 2011 at 9:32 AM
  • Reply Brittany

*faints* That was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
    My recent post NYFW S/S 2012: Maybelline for DKNY

September 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • Reply frecklesspeckles

wow wow wow… look at that ombre mask! nice!!!

September 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM
  • Reply Angela

Love your take on mask makeup, Rae! The purple really is lovely.
    My recent post 10/09/11 link love

September 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM
  • Reply Silhouettex

PER-FEC-TION. :D
    My recent post Stone &amp; Grave

September 18, 2011 at 1:39 AM
  • Reply I am a…Lipstick Bandit! |

[…] theNotice […]

October 8, 2011 at 10:33 PM
  • Reply Wendy

This is so cool! And so perfect to go with my halloween costume! What makeup setting spray do you recommend so I don't look like a smeared smudged mess with makeup running down my face by the end of the halloween party?

Thanks!

October 20, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • Reply The legend of the masked Lipstick Bandits | My Funny Valentine

[…] – theNotice: a beauty blog (left, […]

October 31, 2011 at 5:59 AM
  • Reply Modesty Brown

That is seriously amazing. The black is so intense! Thank you so much for sharing.
    My recent post Face of the Day with Hourglass Suede Duo

October 31, 2011 at 2:34 PM
  • Reply Lip Stalker

Love all the lipstick bandits look!!!!
    My recent post WELCOME TO LIP STALKER – A NEW BEAUTY BLOG IS BORN!

November 1, 2011 at 2:06 AM
  • Reply madamebfatale

This is stunning! Love the colours you chose, everything actually!
    My recent post Curiosity killed the cat?

November 1, 2011 at 6:39 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » Fall favourites with the Lipstick Bandits | MAC Desire lipstick review

[…] Monday morning, my dears! We’re about to start this week off with a Lipstick Bandits feature – each blogger will be posting her favourite perfect-for-autumn lip colour, and this […]

November 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM
  • Reply I’m A Bandit. A Lipstick Bandit. | ChloeAsh – A Beauty Blog

[…] theNotice: a beauty blog […]

December 24, 2012 at 6:01 AM