Tips for beauty bloggers: editing product photos

Ugh, I probably shouldn’t film while in a wheat-coma in the future :P Anyhow; enjoy the video, and don’t forget that you can watch fullscreen in HD! (Highly encouraged. Highly.)

• Reply vijiis

Okay, I'm still watching, but thanks for the new action thing. I've been using Paint, because it's simpler to open, but if I can resize by just clicking one thing, I might switch to Photoshop.
    My recent post Lux Naturals Soap Review: Blackberry Sage

June 28, 2011 at 6:27 AM
  • Reply vijiis

"What is a normal person going to call that? Not your X=Y line? Your diagonal line!"

Pssh, if they didn't get what an X=Y line was, they shouldn't be allowed a computer. =P I kid, of course, but that part was so adorable I had to mention it.

You rock. Thanks for the vid, I'm starring this post in my reader. =]
    My recent post Lux Naturals Soap Review: Blackberry Sage

June 28, 2011 at 6:38 AM
  • Reply frecklesspeckles

great tutorial.. My workflow is usually edit, resize, and then sharpen. I find that editing is more precise on full size photos. Just my 2 cents :)
    My recent post Rock & Republic Haul

June 28, 2011 at 8:46 AM

So useful, Rae! Especially the "actions" thing – I'll have to check if Gimp has that, as well. And I agree…the less clickies I have to do, the better :D Even if it is just three clicks.

And omg, I always think the same thing when I come across "opacity." I rarely have to say it, and I can say "opaque," well enough, but "opacity?" Weeeeeeird.

Annnnd…I still cannot get over how cute you sound.
    My recent post Scent by the Sea Part II: My Two Cents on These Ten Scents

June 28, 2011 at 10:04 AM
  • Reply J C

I love using Actions as well–it's how I resize and place my watermark, things like that. Great post, will watch again and share later.
    My recent post Retail therapy: Apple, MAC, and Hautelook.

June 28, 2011 at 12:51 PM
  • Reply Kuro

Awesome tutorial. I never knew about the 'Actions' thing. Haha, goes to show how bad my Photoshop skills are. >.<
    My recent post Début

June 28, 2011 at 8:56 PM
  • Reply Arianne

Great stuff! Love the tip about Actions. Will definitely add that to my workflow. :)
    My recent post Hello! Notice Anything Different?

June 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM
  • Reply Etra

Great tutorial!

I would love to know where you got your background! It's awesome!

June 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM
  • Reply beautysnippets

Very helpfulp post/video :) Learnt so many new things!

July 3, 2011 at 5:56 AM
  • Reply samchughtai

just started writing a blog it was much needed keep them coming good luck :)

January 20, 2012 at 6:12 AM