Meet Paris Rose, the love of my life

Paris Rose is one of the gorgeous new Marcelle Rouge Xpression lipsticks, and my favourite of all nine! It’s romantic, cheery, whimsical… I just love it.

While this isn’t advertised as a semi-matte, I’d actually call it one! It feels like a true cream finish, though (aka is more comfortable than any other semi-matte or matte-finish that I’ve tried), which I’m thrilled about.

These swatches are applied straight from the tube – and very quickly, at that – on lips covered with a sheer layer of foundation. (My lips are naturally quite pigmented and they were a bit irritated the day I took these photos, so I wanted to let a more true swatch show through!) Usually, though, I simply pat on a touch of this with clean fingers for that perfect “whisper of colour”.

A quick P.S. – I’m going to try to post some behind-the-scenes images with Dior and Natalie Portman later today, but we’ll see how I’m feeling. On the off-chance that we won’t talk again until tomorrow, have a lovely Friday night my lovelies & I will have that post ready for Monday! xx

• Reply Jen

Wow, gorgeous! Lovely colour! :)

March 4, 2011 at 7:23 AM
  • Reply vijiis

I really doubt this would work on me, but it looks unbelievable on you. Almost like your lips are glowing? xD In any case, it's super pretty!
    My recent post MAC Frayed to Order Nail Lacquer

March 4, 2011 at 7:53 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

Love it! I got Cleopatra and I want this one next!
    My recent post Prestige Cosmetics Brow Perfection Eye Brow Products

March 4, 2011 at 11:08 AM
  • Reply @minotaurbb

Ooooooh. I am going to have to pick this one up. Simply gorgeous!

March 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM
  • Reply makeupmorsels

Ah, this one was my favorite of the bunch! I absolutely love how it looks on you.
    My recent post I’ve Taken A Shine to VS Sparkling Lip Gloss

March 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » A 42 palette that makes us go “OMG”

[…] Alright, so you take out the top layer, and all of the sudden – hello, blush! Of the ten well-sized pans hidden in the bottom of this palette, three are matte (top middle*, and the bottom two on the right), six are shimmers, and one is a shimmery bronzer. *Which I adore, btw. Worn here! […]

March 8, 2011 at 6:02 AM
  • Reply littlelucyandpirates

This is my all-time favourite lipstick! Marcelle's lipsticks do get into the cracks of my lips but it's forgivable because it's such a lovely colour!
    My recent post -March Favourites

March 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM
  • Reply Robyn

Wow you're really beautiful! Kinda reminds me of Yuna Kim (a Korean figure skater) :)
    And thank you for all the lippie reviews. I love lip glosses and your reviews are really helpful!

January 1, 2012 at 3:30 PM