Vibrant blue eyeliner & bright white highlights | Just Cavalli/Lise Watier SS13

Monday, April 1, 2013

!Into the blue

At long last: an actual post!

I’m not usually the biggest fan of blue, but the new Lise Watier Dramatique Intense Extra Smooth Liner in Bleu ($20 CAD) is definitely swaying me in its favour.

!Just Cavalli SS13 makeup

Paired with the Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé Suprême in Magie Blanche and Dramatique Intense 3D Volume Mascara in Noir (both also new for the spring), this look is based off of Benjamin Puckey’s SS13 Just Cavalli show, where MAC Marine Ultra Chromaline Eyeliner was applied in contrast to a pearly white pigment.

The effect (at least, on the models) was gorgeous: bright-eyed, intense, and flattering on literally any eye shape.

Read the full tutorial here on She Said Beauty.

!Just Cavalli SS13 backstage MAC

(via)

I’m still not that crazy about Emerald, so the abundance of blue we’ve been seeing? Pretty great, if you ask me. Lise’s Bleu in particular really caught my eye, and I can honestly say that it is by far the most stunning eyeliner I own. In person, the colour is complex, vivid, and saturated in a way that my other liners just aren’t — it’s definitely not another boring blue.

This look used two other products I’m pretty pleased with, as well: the L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Mist (whose super-fine mist makes it my current go-to for dewy skin), and the gorgeously-fragranced Clarins Palette Eclat (which I’ve featured in a couple other posts, but still haven’t reviewed — sorry!)

I don’t know. It’s soft, basic, easy; I’m kinda fond.

!Lise Watier Dramatique Bleu liner : Just Cavalli makeup

!Lise Watier SS13 vivid marine eyeliner

Products Used / Shop the Look

SKIN

theBalm timeBalm in Lighter Than Light ($18 USD)

Clarins Palette Eclat Face & Blush Powder ($35 USD/$40 CAD)

L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Mist ($20 USD/$22 CAD)

Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent ($14.50 CAD)

How to get dewy skin tutorial - vivid blue eyeliner makeup look

EYES

Marcelle Velvety Eye Shadow + Primer in Primer Rose ($15.95 CAD)

Lise Watier Ombre Soufflé Suprême in Magie Blanche ($24 CAD)

Lise Watier Dramatique Intense Extra Smooth Liner in Bleu ($20 CAD)

Lise Watier Dramatique Intense 3D Volume Mascara in Noir ($24 CAD)

LIPS

Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani Sheers in Beige 100 ($30 USD/$38 CAD)

P.S. The initial inspiration

!Just Cavalli Spring 2013

(via)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

34 Responses to “Vibrant blue eyeliner & bright white highlights | Just Cavalli/Lise Watier SS13”

1. beautythesis, on April 1st, 2013 at 7:03 am said:

That's a very pretty blue, I'm reminded of the darker half of MAC's old Sea & Sky. I love how it brings out brown eyes, very nice look. :]
    My recent post Challenge: Spring Beauty

2. Alison, on April 1st, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Argh, this is SUCH a funny coincidence, because I was just about to ask you for ideas for brighter eye looks and asdjfkljer;! Eeee!

I LOVE the step-by-step photo tutorial, by the way! :D

3. BellaChique, on April 1st, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

I've been loving the vibrant blue eye liner! You look so pretty with it, I actually love it more on you, lol ^^.
    My recent post Happy Easter Plus Preview of April!

4. ! so inspired to try blue liner now. so pretty on you!

5. Sugar, on April 1st, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

Loving the makeup, but OMG your hair! How did you get those curls? :)

6. i'm so glad you posted this!! i'm crazy over colored eyeliners right now. purples are awesome too. and i tried making a coral gel liner with a coral shadow and illamasqua's sealing gel, works like a charm to brighten my eyes! i'm trying to find a teal one now :D
    My recent post Snapshot: The Morning After

7. Gorgeous!
    My recent post Favourites – February and March 2013

8. mostlysunnybunny, on April 1st, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Whoa, that liner is seriously pretty! Don't think I own anything remotely similar! Love the new background by the way! The little glimpse of your room (I assume) is so satisfactory in a weird way ;)
    My recent post New from Guerlain! Guerlain Gold Tchlack, Candy Strip, Prune Zip Gloss d’Enfer Maxi Shines!

9. That liner is beautiful and so is this look!

10. Laura H, on April 1st, 2013 at 7:44 pm said:

Wow that blue looks fantastic on you !

11. Such a fun yet subtle look! I love it!

12. Laura R, on April 2nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

you look about a hundred times better than the model! love this look. very simple soft and Springy!

13. Jen w, on April 2nd, 2013 at 7:43 pm said:

I love the combination of blue and iridescent white- and the placement of your shadows is beautifully adapted to your eye shape. Gorgeous as always Rae!

14. Thank you! I remember Sea & Sky — what a gorgeous duo :)

15. !!! Clearly, our brains are like that, Alison. //hand flapping :D

Glad you liked the tutorial! I have another bright-eyed look coming up in a couple weeks; it's a little more subtle, but I think you might like it ;) Keep an eye out!

16. Aww, thank you, my dear! I'm 100% sure you can rock vibrant blue eyeliner like mad, but then, we always want what we can't have, right? ;)

17. Thanks, m! I'm glad to hear I've inspired you to try the look — hope you have fun with it! :)

18. Thanks, Sugar! They're just quick flatiron curls — eight minutes, a couple hair clips (to help section it out), & 200 degrees :p

19. Ooh, that sounds gorgeous, Attika! I can't say I've ever done a coral eyeliner, but now I'm tempted ;)

Good luck finding the perfect teal!

20. Thank you!

21. Haha, thanks, I think? :p I'm sure I've shot in here once or twice before, but I don't think it's ever been quite this bright!

22. Thank you, eight! I'm so smitten with the liner :)

23. Thanks, Laura!

24. Thanks, Lia!

25. Gah. Thank you, you ridiculous girl! ;o)

26. Aww, thank you, my dear! <3

27. I can't seem to get the hang of flatiron curls, do you do the one and a half twist and drag thing?

28. I'm afraid I do :/ What do you find is going wrong with your curls — too straight, too curled, too messy?

29. Sugar, on April 9th, 2013 at 12:06 am said:

It ends up pin-straight actually, I must be doing something wrong (or my layers are too short). Will keep trying, thanks for your help :)

30. toyarosie, on April 9th, 2013 at 4:45 pm said:

I think this look is fabulous on you Rae! As always. Also love the idea of the L'Occitane face mist, I'm using one by Avene now but always looking for a new one to try ;)
    My recent post Everything is Just Peachy: An Update and a Pretty Powder from MAC

31. Thank you, my dear! Hope the Avene one is amazing — I've been quite fond of the mist on this L'Occitane one; it's very fine with no awkward droplets :p

32. Hmm, sounds like a problem in technique — try taking smaller sections (so less hair is going through the iron at once), using a hotter setting, or pulling the iron through your hair more slowly :) One of those should definitely help; it's all about finding the right combination of temperature, sections, & speed for your hair!

Good luck : )

33. dustynrumble, on April 25th, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

You look way better than the model! Damn you're stunning x

34. Aww, thank you, darling! :)

Write a Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5133035 bytes) in /home/content/32/4441132/html/thenotice/wp-includes/functions.php on line 364