Violet Haze: Spring Smokey Eyes with the Clarins Rouge Eclat Collection

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spring 2013 makeup look Clarins Rouge Eclat

Wow, okay, this look is really late. (I think I promised it for… Monday?)

All the same, though, here’s an easy violet smokey eye–seriously, this is super easy–eye done with the Clarins Iris Blossom Eye Quartet from the Rouge Eclat collection.

Don’t miss this post at She Said Beauty for the full tutorial!

Clarins Iris Blossom Eyeshadow Palette (t)

Done first as a Valentine’s Day makeup look, this Iris Blossom-based eye creates a soft, luminous “haze” of violet around the eyes — honestly, you could do this with your fingertips. (But please don’t. Brushes are great.)

A bit of sculpting to the cheek, a neutral lip (yes, that’s Clinique Curviest Caramel!)…

Clarins Rouge Eclat makeup look

Just by pulling the violet shade of the palette through the entire lid, then adding the shimmery white in the inner corner (for a little bit of texture & glow) and buffing in a tiny, tiny bit of the charcoal shade for definition, you can create an incredibly seasonal makeup look without adding any harsh lines or contours to the face.

It’s just so easy, you know? Add a flick of lengthening (not volumizing) mascara, and ta-da! you’re already done.

Clarins Iris Blossom spring makeup

I’m a huge fan of really light, translucent eye looks, so (of course) I loved this one. No, it’s not the most exciting makeup you’ll ever wear, but it’s pretty hard to go wrong with something like this.

Especially when it makes you feel as ready for Spring as this look does — the Clarins Palette Eclat Face Blush & Powder smells amazing!

Clarins Iris Blossom makeup look

Shop the Look

Clarins Rouge Eclat:

• Clarins Ombre Minérale 4 Couleurs Eye Quartet Mineral Palette Long Lasting in 10 Iris Blossom ($42 USD/$42 CAD)
  • Clarins Palette Eclat Face & Blush Powder ($35 USD/$40 CAD)
  • Clarins Poudre Multi-Eclat Mineral Loose Powder in 01 Light ($35 USD/$47 CAD)

The dressings:

• Clinique Chubby Stick Intense Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in 01 Curviest Caramel ($16 USD/$19 CAD)
  • Senna Voluptulash Mascara ($22 USD)
  • Anastasia Beverly Hills Bold & Beautiful Kit, Vol. 1 Bold Brows ($36 USD)

Purple Spring Clarins smokey eye

Valentine's Makeup 2013

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

20 Responses to “Violet Haze: Spring Smokey Eyes with the Clarins Rouge Eclat Collection”

1. mostlysunnybunny, on February 27th, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

OOOO loooove! I really like how this quad looks, but I think by now I have accumulated a lot of similar shades in my stash. I should try to dupe the look soon. It's wonderful on you!
    My recent post My Eyes But Better: Hourglass Suede Visionaire Eye Shadow Duo

2. What a pretty everyday spring look!

3. Pretty! I love the soft shades and the light appeal of the shadows. That palette looks incredibly pretty and I'm really loving the purple shade ^^. Looking amazing again Rae, I think violet is really your colour!
    My recent post Shiseido Perfect Rouge in Ballet RS 347

4. Marisa Anderson, on February 27th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

This smokey eye look is sooo adorable. Looks great on you.

~ Marisa ~
    My recent post Everything You Wanted To Know About Cosmetology School

5. AJFLJFLASJFS, this look is so pretty and so is your face! *sigh* purples <3
    My recent post Be Bold, Be Beautiful… Courtesy Of Anastasia Beverly Hills

6. Awwww… once again, I have Asian eyes envy.
    My recent post Illamasqua I'mPerfection speckled liner FOTD

7. Natalie ♥, on February 27th, 2013 at 1:46 pm said:

Super pretty look, I like it!
    My recent post what I did these days ♥ (food, diet and others…) ♥

8. Thank you, Sunny! I think it would look amazing on you — give me a shout when you dupe it? :)

9. Thanks, Norwenna!

10. Aww, thank you Teri! I'm so pleased to hear that you think so — as much as I love neutrals, I'm always up for a good violet eyeshadow ;)

11. Haha, thanks, Marisa!

12. a;sdkfjgh it makes me SO PLEASED that you are blogging again, dearling :D

Thank you!

13. Haha, sorry my dear! If it's any help, I am totally envious of your lids right now, too ;o)

14. Thank you, Natalie! :)

15. What a pretty look!! Love this amazing palette.
    My recent post L’Oreal Shine Caresse

16. toyarosie, on March 4th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Have to agree Rae – violet is SO your color! Wonderful look, I don't tend to wear my makeup like this often – opting for bold something or other, usually – but I think I will try this out, I always love a change!
    My recent post Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Crush – The Perfect Transitional Blush!

17. toyarosie, on March 4th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

18. Thank you, kerker!

19. Aww, thank you, my dear! ♥ Have fun with the look, yeah? I think Iris Blossom would look amazing on your colouring ;)

20. Angela, on March 6th, 2013 at 11:54 pm said:

I’m so glad to find someone with the same eye shape as me! I like how you did your eyeshadow!

I’m your newest follower :)

Write a Comment