Don’t miss this » Camel lids + sculpted skin at Joy Cioci (A/W12)

It’s not all that often that I do a runway-inspired makeup look that I really love, but this one’s a bit of an exception to the rule. Based on the makeup created by the NARS camp for the Joy Cioci AW12 presentation, here’s a look with camel brown lids, soft black liner, and super-sculpted cheeks.

Paired with semi-sheer nude lips and really well-defined (but not overfilled or overdrawn) brows, the NARS + Joy Cioci look is incredibly easy to wear — polished, but not too done-up.

It goes with any hairstyle, really, but I liked the casual, slightly messy hair at Joy Cioci. (Try letting your hair air-dry for this, and add soft curls or a thick partial French braid on one side of your hair to keep it out of the way.)

Read the full tutorial here on She Said Beauty.

Products used

EYES: Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow in Camel layered underneath MAC Pigment in Blonde’s Gold, Senna Eye Shadow in Sphinx, MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl, La Bella Donna Eyeliner in Black, and Smashbox Eye Shadow in Smoke (through brows).

CHEEKS: Smashbox Eye Shadow in Smoke, Senna Sheer Face Color Powder Blush in Très Jolie, and MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl.

LIPS: Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lip Conditioner SPF 15 with Double the Retinol.

The NARS + Joy Cioci inspiration

The eyes

• Reply Lulu

I think this is a very intriguing makeup look. It is quite appropriate for the fall, and I very sophisticated, too.

October 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM
  • Reply messywands

I'm glad you're already my soul mate, because no one can steal you away from me. (in other words, chomping your face now)
    My recent post So what impulsive thing did I do this weekend?

October 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • Reply kelly

i love this look on you. camel eyeshadow was made for you.

October 8, 2012 at 9:56 PM
  • Reply emily

Incredible. You've done a marvelous job with the super-sculpted cheeks. Beautiful look!
    My recent post At Last! Reviews: Marcelle BB Cream and Revlon Lip Butters

October 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • Reply The Beauty Sample

I love this. This is the kind of look I like to wear on most days–simple and subtle but pretty. The camel brown is gorgeous! I really need to add more camel brown shadows to my collection…
    My recent post The Sample: Jouer Mineral Powder Blush in Peach Bouquet Review & Swatches

October 9, 2012 at 12:35 AM
  • Reply Alison

So much prettyyy!

October 12, 2012 at 2:14 PM
  • Reply Andrew

I think your interpretation trumps the runway look! My favorite favorite neutral eyeshadow on asian skin tones is Outre by Mac. You wouldn't think that at first, it being so mustard-y, but it is amazing on the lid or for blending out a smokey eye

October 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • Reply Lily

*drools* If I weren't married, I swear…. oh, and if I were a guy, I SWEAR…. even your soul mate won't be able to keep you! Watch it Wands. LOL!

My recent post Behind the Scenes at Chloe.Ash

October 17, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • Reply Catheine

Stunning, absolutely stunning. I'm completely in love with this whole look.

October 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM