Don’t miss this » Graphic blue smokey (cat) eyes

Man, I haven’t done a blue smokey eye in ages. I’m pretty sure I went with a winged shape (cat-eye makeup, winged smokey eyes, whatever you want to call it) last time, too, which just goes to show how predictable (read: boring) I am.

This time, though, I thought I’d play around a bit with shape. In the image below, you have the same look in three different ways, changed with nothing more than a dry q-tip and a couple brisk buffing motions. At left is the most wearable, basic shape; on the far right, the most winged, dramatic effect. (The full-face shots are with the eye on the right.)

I can’t believe it took me this long to try my MAC Casual Colour — I spend most of the summer bare-faced, but I’m really regretting it in this one instance. I’ve used Have A Lovely Day! here, and I’m absolutely smitten with both the colour and the formula: it’s comfortable, looks natural, and still manages to tone down my own lip colour without ending up all strange and milky.

I’ve used Senna Fantasy in the inner corners, here, then taken Annabelle Lagoon (soon to be discontinued) through the lid. The outer wing is mainly Annabelle B-Ray, darkened further with a basic matte black eyeshadow.

Don’t miss this blue smokey eye tutorial on She Said Beauty.

Products used

EYES – colour : Annabelle Mono Eyeshadow in B-Ray and Lagoon, Senna Eye Shadow (Glow) in Fantasy, NYX Eyeshadow in Black.

EYES – basics: Annabelle Smoothie Jumbo Eye Pencil in Licoriche, Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara in Extreme Black, Ellis Faas Eyeliner in Black, MAC Eye Shadow (Matte2) in Blanc Type.

LIPS AND CHEEKS: MAC Casual Colour Lip & Cheek Colour in Have A Lovely Day!

SKIN: Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light, theBalm timeBalm in Lighter Than Light, and Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent.

• Reply panties

that's a really soft look, but it really makes a statement. i like it a lot :D
    My recent post Chikuhodo Z-7 lip brush +

August 27, 2012 at 6:59 AM
  • Reply Musing on Beauty

This is so incredibly beautiful!

August 27, 2012 at 7:02 AM
  • Reply miha.ela

So sweet and delicate, love it!
    My recent post [NOTW] red & black mani si alte preocupari

August 27, 2012 at 9:49 AM
  • Reply Jackie

soo gorgeous! if i had milky fair skin like yours I would definitely try blue eyeshadow more often. i seriously love this look.

August 27, 2012 at 11:40 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

So pretty Rae!! LOVE the smoky look on you!
    My recent post Caryl Baker Visage Midtown Morning Story From the Uptown GIrl Fall 2012 Collection

August 27, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • Reply mostlysunnybunny

OOOO you look GREAT with a more dramatic eyeshadow shape! I only do something like this when I'm sitting around my house haha. Never had the guts to wear it out!
    My recent post First Look at Estee Lauder Violet Underground Eyeshadow Palette & Punker Black Quick-Thick Eyeliner

August 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM
  • Reply emmabovary

So beautiful! When I go out at night I wear something very similar to this but next time I will define the cat shape a little bit more. Lovely look.
    My recent post Inglot Freedom Palette // Photos, Swatches, Review

August 28, 2012 at 2:02 AM
  • Reply Bun Bun Makeup Tips

Love that sparkle at the corner of the last picture. Really illuminated the whole picture.

And when are you gonna show us how you take such good pictures of yourself?? HAHA! ^_^ Esp the night shots!
    My recent post Acne and Health: What Your Body Is Trying To Tell You With Pimples!

August 28, 2012 at 8:03 AM
  • Reply glittergeek

So beautiful Rae! :) The navy smokey eye is my favourite look on you. Perfect.
    My recent post Embrace the Cray: Face of the Day with shu uemura Chocolat-Donna Collection

August 28, 2012 at 9:35 AM
  • Reply Rocaille

You look gorgeous, Rae – and I usually hate any iterations on navy smokey eyes. I might just as well try it your way! x

August 28, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • Reply toyarosie

Love the slightly exaggerated shape of this Rae! I'm always too chicken to pull it off, but maybe one day! Somehow you make this look more wearable – I'll have to play around and see what I can come up with :)
    My recent post Take China Glaze’s Nail Apps for a Quick and Easy Spin!

September 1, 2012 at 9:51 AM
  • Reply Mimi

Ah, perfection Rae! I wish I had your lovely eye shape, you wear these looks so well!

September 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • Reply @MaggiesMakeup

SO HOT. I think I like the almond shape version best on you, but all three are gorgeous. *pets screen in a non-creeper manner*
    My recent post Kat Von D Little Saint and Little Sinner Palettes