Marcelle B.B. Cream: a love story

So, this happened. And it was exciting!

In the interest of Rae not spontaneously exploding out of sheer awkwardness, I’m going to leave you with a few pictures (but not a lot more words). Instead: just a quick merci!! to the lovely ladies and gents at Marcelle (Isabel, I’m looking at you) for this fantastic opportunity – I am always happy to work with a great Canadian brand like Marcelle, but the BB Cream in particular has been getting some serious l o v e in the Chen household as of late.

So, thank you for the opportunity to show my support for a great product! :)

I’ve never been a fan of the “celebrity endorsement” type of advertising, but I feel it’s quite different when it’s bloggers and companies they routinely work with, rather than a stranger with a contract. It’s just– it’s a very different level of trust, you know? I’ll trust a (good) blogger’s word for something because I know that they really have tried and loved the product, vs. the word of a stranger that just happens to be famous.

Anyhow. It happened! There was lots of flailing involved! And you should try the BB Cream, because I can’t use it (‘cones) but I really like it. :D

(My mum, who has never in her life owned a foundation, makes me prep her skin for a night out with the BB. Wears really well, works great with her combination oily-dry skin, and fills in large pores like a dream! So, yeah, I’d say it’s a hit.)

More Marcelle B.B. Cream coverage…

Elle Canada, May 2012. Not sure what other Canadian magazines it’ll be in, so tweet me a photo @theNotice if you see the ad! ;)

The advert in this May’s Elle Canada

• Reply dani@callitbeauty

So happy for you, Rae-Rae! <3
    My recent post NOTW – Glitter And Hot Pink Tips

May 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM
  • Reply Paris B

Congrats Rae!! :D I remember reading all the raves for this and its got me wanting to try it. Wish it was available outside of Canada (and especially in Asia where everyone's BB cream mad )
    My recent post The Magic Hidden in the Nars Dogon Eyeshadow Duo, Unveiled

May 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM
  • Reply mostlysunnybunny

Yay I see your cutey face there!!! I hope Marcelle comes to Europe soon!!!
    My recent post Come Shopping with Me! Edition: Antwerp. Focus Store: Shu Uemura

May 8, 2012 at 3:14 AM
  • Reply The Beauty Sample

Wow that's so awesome, Rae! Congratulations! You deserve it :)
    My recent post The Sample: Milani Liquif’Eye Liquid-Like Eye Liner Automatic Propel Pencil in #07 Purple Review

May 8, 2012 at 4:06 AM
  • Reply Annick

Exciting! I've heard so many good things about the Marcelle BB Cream. I REALLY hope they're listening to their fans and are in the works for making a BB Cream with SPF! It's the only think keeping me from buying it so far. That and the fact that I already have 1098347 foundations to us up ;)
    My recent post This is not a joke: You NEED Wet and Wild's Comfort Zone palette

May 8, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

Congrats Rae!
    My recent post Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara Review

May 8, 2012 at 10:20 AM
  • Reply Alison M

Congratulations! So fantastic for you! And you've really got me wanting BB Cream :)
    My recent post FOTD – Clinique Chubby Stick in 04 Mega Melon

May 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
  • Reply Perilously Pale

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

May 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM
  • Reply AdorableOnYourVanity

Congrats Rae!!!
    My recent post BBLL | May 5 2012

May 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM
  • Reply Makeup Kismet

When we meet, I will take my copy of Elle and have you personally sign my copy. Then I'm going to vacuum seal the magazine and save it for life. FOR. LIFE! Soo happy for you, Rae! Hip hip hoo-RAE!!!
    ^_^
    My recent post

May 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM
  • Reply Liz

I saw this in FASHION mag one day and did a private *flail* of my own in your honour. :)
    My recent post 2012 Empties Part 4

May 9, 2012 at 9:06 PM
  • Reply toyarosie

I saw this and was so excited for you Rae!! I felt very proud to even know who you were :P Super-congrats, you do great work/reviews and this is an awesome achievement!!
    My recent post Sweet! It’s My Birthday Month! Check Out What Lemmings I’m TOTALLY Justified in Buying

May 10, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Happy flails!!!!
    My recent post Butter London: The Black Knight

May 11, 2012 at 12:03 PM
  • Reply Sue Whelan

Nice to hear so many good things about the Marcelle BB cream but I'm really, really disappointed it doesn't include a good SPF. That's one facet of most Asian BB creams that I love the most. Especially for oily/combo skin, having to layer on another product is just a pain.

Congrats on being featured in the Elle ad. Canada seems to be rich in beauty bloggers, which is great to see.

June 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM