Excited for… Marcelle BB Cream

Can we talk about how nice it is to see Asian faces in Canadian advertising? Yes? Alright then, I’ll leave you with this:

• Reply eight

I'm excited for this! I hope it's good.
    My recent post Indie Style & TopBox: Awesome Sample Boxes by and for Awesome People

January 10, 2012 at 6:36 AM
  • Reply G A B Y

Ooooh I know, I was so surprised to see an Asian model in a Marcelle's ad as this company usually use the same models! Refreshing change! And I'm SO excited for the BB Cream!

January 10, 2012 at 7:13 AM
  • Reply mostlysunnybunny

Hahaha I know what you mean! It's weird how something like this happens a lot the other way around (ie Caucasian models being featured in ads in Asia). If a country as conscious of ethnic diversity as Canada rarely features different ethnicities in campaigns, I think I can wait for another 10 years here in Belgium grrr
    My recent post Swatch & Review: MAC Cremeblend Blush in Tea Petal

January 10, 2012 at 7:55 AM
  • Reply A Walk in the Closet

So excited to see this! Both the advertisement and the product itself. Haven't tried out BB creams yet but I'm hoping the Marcelle one will have a good colormatch for me.
    My recent post REVIEW: Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens

January 10, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • Reply ellie

oh, I actually had a chance to try it and this stuff is amazing!

January 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM
  • Reply Birdy

In a way it annoys me that they used an Asian model to sell a BB cream. That sounds really bad so I'll explain further. I'm thinking their reasoning was "Asian girls like BB creams, right? Let's see if we can get them to buy ours! And let's stick in a white girl so they don't feel left out" as opposed to "Let's make our ads reflect the diversity of Canada!" Maybe I'm being cynical but I'd love it more if they used a variety of ethnicities in ads for all their products. But hey, they have to start somewhere.

I hope this all made sense because I haven't had my coffee yet. =/

January 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM

If this stuff is good and paraben-free, I am going to pester you Canadians :P
    My recent post Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish

January 10, 2012 at 12:06 PM
  • Reply Alex - Lakehead University

eek, me too! I hope it's not too expensive!
    My recent post Black Milk Leggings + OOTD

January 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM
  • Reply Annie

I can't wait for all the North American BB creams to come out in Canada! I really want to see how they fair with their Asian competitors. Besides Marcelle launching one next month, I know Garnier and Boscia (and another one I can't remember) is launching their BB creams in Canada this month. I also heard Vichy was going to launch one this year as well. As for when, I have not really heard anything about that.

This is definitely going to be interesting.
    My recent post Nyx Girl: Under the Moon (NGP 221)

January 10, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » ALL EYES ON | North American BB creams

[…] those of you that can’t wait until the 16th (online exclusively at shop.marcelle.com) for the new Marcelle BB Cream ($22.50 CAD, in stores Feb 6th), here are a few […]

January 10, 2012 at 7:57 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » Another exciting release to brighten up your Monday | Marcelle BB Cream goes live

[…] it here. Read more here. Check out other BB creams […]