A smokey violet and blue FOTD | ft. MAC, FaceFront, and tokidoki

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I had wanted to create a (darkly) colourful smokey eye for you today, and I was really happy with how it turned out… with one (huge) exception: I kind of forgot to put mascara on (or curl, for that matter) the lashes on my left side. And I didn’t notice until I had already finished taking this photo set and the sun began to go down.

-.-

But anyways! Here’s a bold blue-and-violet smokey eye to start the week. Just, um, try not to look too closely at the full-face shots, mmkay?

{see the teaser!}

(what a difference lighting and camera angles make!)

Products used

Eyes: FaceFront Artistic Pigment in Shallow Depth (blue; LE Tokyo Future), tokidoki Vegas palette (silver and dark purple shades), Marcelle Liquid Eyeliner in Black, Imju Fiberwig mascara in Black (original formula – “extra long”), Smashbox Single Eyeshadow in Smoke (matte grey; brows)

Lips: MAC Lipstick in Desire (berry; Lustre) blotted over a thin layer of GOSH Velvet Touch lipstick in Darling (pale pink-nude)

Cheeks: tokidoki Vegas palette (shimmery pink), Smashbox Single Eyeshadow in Smoke (matte grey; contour)

Skin: Marcelle Face Powder in Translucent, Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer in Light

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

42 Responses to “A smokey violet and blue FOTD | ft. MAC, FaceFront, and tokidoki”

1. dani@callitbeauty, on December 6th, 2011 at 1:29 am said:

ILOVEIT! ILOVEIT! ILOVEIT!

The blue! The violet! Everything is pretty and nothing hurts!

p.s.
    Your skin. Why is it perfect? Share your secrets with me!
    My recent post All About Eyes – Blue Had Me At Hello

2. So beautiful Rae! And such well taken shots. Your fotds never cease to amaze me :D
    My recent post Tip: Create a flawless makeup base with Concealer not thick foundation

3. This is gorgeous! I love your blending skills. I would never have thought of blending that medium blue with violet. I would also not have noticed the difference in your lashes (mascara vs mascara-less) had you not mentioned it :)

Look great Rae!

4. Stunning eye look, as usual :) I love your FOTD posts.
    My recent post What’s In My Handbag? Airplane Edition

5. oh!! thats beautiful! I just do this look yesterday!! ^_^ beautiful! ^_^
    My recent post 30 Days Make Up Challenge- Day 16

6. Jamilla, on December 6th, 2011 at 4:07 am said:

Such a stunning look! I'm loving those cheekbones!

7. Argh so beautiful! You always look flawless but I especially adore the pop of blue used on the lid.
    My recent post H&M Made With Passion Eyeshadow Palette

8. Gorgeous! I really love the blue+violet combo!

And re: lashes. I wore mascara yesterday just for Tracy and it smudged everywhere and I was sad. I hate mascara. Life is better without it :P
    My recent post Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencil in Pomegranate

9. It's amazing – I always struggle with blues on my eyes, but this is genius!
    My recent post Dry Hands Rescue: Moisture Jamzz Moisturizing Gloves

10. You hardly notice the lack of mascara because the shadows are so beautifully applied! I love your EOTDs. Some day I'll be brave and actually try them out. ;o
    My recent post Looking for Asia Vacation and Shopping Tips!

11. Beautiful smokey eye!!!!! Love the colors you used and blended. Such a soft, but yet still a bold look. ^^ I want to try this out now~
    My recent post This Week in Photos ♡ 11/28-12/4

12. Kate & Zena, on December 6th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

Pweeeeeeeeeety.

(Sorry I haven't been around much. Math is kicking my booty. I have finals next week and I'm FREE! FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

13. So smokin' there, Rae ;)

14. Um. WOW! That stare is killing me. <3 Absolutely beautiful and flawless!
    My recent post @cosme Best Cosmetic Award of 2011

15. smashinbeauty, on December 7th, 2011 at 6:07 am said:

Wow love it gotta try it :D

16. Photoshop, my dear! I promise, my skin isn't nearly this perfect in real life ;)

So very glad you liked the look (THAT much)! :P

17. <3 Thank you, Paris!!

18. :D Thanks, Clare!

19. Thank you!

20. Haha, thanks lovely ;o)

21. ;o) Thanks, Cecilia! <3

22. !!!! You! In mascara! :D

Perhaps try a tubing one next time? A bit of a curl, and quick layer of tubing mascara, and a brush-through with a clean spoolie if needed – we'll turn you into a mascara-lover yet ;)

23. :) Thank you, m'dear! I don't typically struggle to wear blue, but I do find that it can be rather… look at me! I'm BLUE!, you know? (I feel like this came off as being a bit more wearable, which was a pleasant surprise.)

Maybe try pairing a bit of blue with a mainly-pink eye? (Confession: I am hugely jealous of how well you wear pinks. They just always look so refined against your skintone!)

24. Do it, Liz! I'd love to see the results ;)

25. Thanks, Tiffany! Send me a link if you try it, ya hear? ;)

26. Haha, thanks Ashley :P

27. Good luck on your finals, Kate!! It's crunch time for me, too :P *hugs*

28. *blushes* Thank you!! ^.^

29. Glad you like the look! :)

30. Kate & Zena, on December 7th, 2011 at 7:12 pm said:

Good luck to you too!

31. VERY nice! I absolutely love the look. You smokin' hot!

32. ;o) Thank you, Isabel!

33. Looooooove this eye look! So gorgeous!

34. :D Thank you!!

35. Katrine, on December 10th, 2011 at 8:19 am said:

So great – I love the way you do colour. I don't even particularly like colourful eye looks, but yours are always super beautiful!

36. Thank you, Katrine! :)

37. What a great look :D such precision with your liner, too, impressive!

38. This is absolutely gorgeous.

39. Thanks, Shannon!

40. ;o) Thanks, hon!

41. [...] Depth in this violet and blue look and the full collection [...]

42. Love the eyes…definitely a great look! And gotta give it up for the tokidoki Vegas Palette!!!!

Write a Comment