Back to your roots: a random violet EOTD

It occurred to me that I haven’t done a violet eye look recently, which – well, I mean, seriously? I feel like I’ve accidentally broken one of the key rules of engagement for real life.

Anyhow. Just a simple, wearable violet eye look for you today. Clinique Lid Smoothie in Born Freesia (of course) as the base, Lancome Angora eyeshadow in the inner corner, Korres Plum for most of the colour. Plus, my secret to any violet smokey eye – just a tiny, tiny bit of Make Up For Ever 92, buffed overtop with a fluffy blending brush and feather-light movements. I’ll have to do a before/after with it one of these days; a little bit of 92 makes so much of a difference.

Finish with black liner smudged into the upper lashline (probably L’Oreal HiP Creme liner, just because I’m attempting to use mine up) & Imju Fiberwig (which I adore) on the lashes themselves.

• Reply Francesca

looks lovely on you. x

November 28, 2011 at 6:33 AM
  • Reply Jamilla

Ethereal and gorgeous! Violet really suits you!

November 28, 2011 at 7:55 AM
  • Reply Nina

I should try this look, just (accidentally) got a violet/purple palette, it seems perfect for this =)

November 28, 2011 at 8:13 AM
  • Reply cclarebear

That's such a pretty look on you – dramatic but still kind of understated and wearable. I love Korres eyeshadows :)
    My recent post Auction Alert! BeautyBloggers.org for Charity

November 28, 2011 at 8:54 AM
  • Reply @avainwoman

Love this smokey eye on you Rae! I don't have any of the shadows you used, must look into them (particularly the Clinique lid smoothie) x
    My recent post The Western Take on BB Blemish Balms

November 28, 2011 at 9:14 AM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

Ahh purple, my favourite colour <3. I actually have to stop myself from picking a purple shade up whenever I feel inspired to do a look :p.

The Born Freesie & Plum combo is so gorgeous!
    My recent post All About Eyes – Fall

November 28, 2011 at 10:12 AM
  • Reply Eden-Avalon

I was planning on calling a small intervention committee when I noticed the lack of violet. I'm glad the issue has been remedied. <3
    My recent post Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream in No. 31 Golden Beige – Review

November 28, 2011 at 6:25 PM
  • Reply zeet

oh my gosh, i found a picture of your eye randomly on google while searching a mascara and was surprised to see that our eyes look EXACTLY THE SAME. i've been looking for a beauty blogger who has the same eye shape as me as i find that our eye shape is very limiting, i feel like there isn't much we can do with it.

It was a little chilling to see how similar our eyes are. same with our eyebrow spareseness and shape!!!

I feel like I am looking at my own eye with make up on, and in super high-def.

I'm sure you understand the rareity of our particular eyeshape (as there are many many different types of monolids). I am so excited!! This is too cool. By the way- are you korean? I am.

November 28, 2011 at 11:09 PM
  • Reply Zandra

I know you posted this a while ago, but I found it while I was googling some makeup… I just had to say that it's stunning! I really love how simple yet gorgeous it is and I also like that it enhances the shape of your eyes!

January 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM