Inadvisable ideas | Press-on eyeliner by Dior

I’m sorry, Dior, but: what?!

I’ll admit, it reminds me of the temporary tattoos from my childhood – keyword being childhood. I mean, there’s the whole Violent Lips thing (which Sephora’s carrying, too, and which I still think look absolutely ridiculous), and then this, and it’s just –

I mean, who thought this was a good idea?! This is very clearly not a good idea!

But the Stella It-Dress collection (to run off on a completely unrelated tangent) – now that’s a good idea. The three bottles look absolutely gorgeous, and I’ll admit, it does redeem my faith in the industry, no matter how ridiculous that sounds. You don’t have to shock everyone to get them to look at you, and the subtle-but-lovely packaging (which feature the same floral, feminine, familiar Stella) definitely has my attention.

• Reply Jamilla

The thought of removing that liner scares me! I do love Stella, though!

September 5, 2011 at 2:02 AM
  • Reply callitbeautyblog

yes, because we all have the same eye shapes; don't we, dior?

p.s.
    those bottles are lovely and i hear the scent is lovely as well. must get a whiff soon!
    My recent post Style Crush – Emma Stone

September 5, 2011 at 2:09 AM
  • Reply Soos

The liner – SOMEONE will want to buy and try it, even if the rest of us don't.

The fragrance – pretty, but not my taste. The bottle IS gorgeous!
    My recent post On Fiber, Getting Enough of it, and Why?

September 5, 2011 at 3:18 AM
  • Reply vijiis

Not gonna lie, I'm intrigued. I'm a total sucker for stuff like this.
    My recent post Kingdom Hearts Inspired Look: Axel

September 5, 2011 at 12:25 PM
  • Reply Citrine

I have seen these eyeliner stickers ( the version has clear base with glitter on it so it's like a super concentrated glitter eyeliner) a few years ago in Hong Kong and I believe several Japanese indie brands make it, it's a pretty nifty idea as long as the person wearing have some sort of crease going on, and that the crease is wider than the width of the sticker (or it just ended up looking like a piece of tape).

September 5, 2011 at 12:46 PM
  • Reply @mutokki

as much as I don't think the stickers will fit my Asian eyes, I still want to try these! :x
    I am however, completely unwilling to pay for them though.
    My recent post Shot of the Day

September 5, 2011 at 12:46 PM
  • Reply olivia

The price of the Dior liners is a bit stiff. I am an eyeliner freak and the thought of just sticking something on takes the fun out of eyelining for me. However, if there is ever a complete stick on entire-face look, I will go for that! :-D

September 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Oh goody, I'm not the only one who thought this was a batsh*t crazy idea. Cheerio, then!
    My recent post Zoya Kotori

September 6, 2011 at 1:06 PM
  • Reply Vulcan_Butterfly

Errrrrr………I kind of love over-the-top, weirdo stuff, but this seems just idiotic.

September 8, 2011 at 11:21 PM