Summery Summary | part two, makeup

Okay, so I’ll own up to it: it’s already the end of summer, and I’m just now getting around to sharing my favourite products of the season with you.

But despair not! Like with our skincare summary, I’ve only included permanent-line items, so you can find them all year ’round ;)

For the cheeks, I’m loving Etude House Fresh Cherry Blusher Duo (specifically, the right hand side) and Hard Candy Blush Crush in Honeymoon.The Etude House is a product that I have quite a few problems with (like that icky, synthetic cherry scent), but I love cream products, and I really love the shade – it’s the perfect coral; just enough peach and just enough pink.

And, of course, I rave about Honeymoon all the time – as a matter of fact, a lot of you mentioned as a “like” or a “love” in our recent poll! It’s a gorgeous highlighter (I wear it along the top of my cheekbone, and then “swoop” it along my orbital bone and under my brow), and gives a really easy fresh, dewy glow.

Swatched L-R: Etude House Fresh Cherry Duo, Hard Candy Honeymoon, Clinique Super Strawberry, Marcelle Rio Rose.

My lip favourites tend to stay the same throughout the year, but I do tend a bit more toward sheer, bright colours in the summer. This year, I’m all over Clinique Chubby Sticks (mine is in Super Strawberry, which is just ridiculously perfect) and Marcelle Vita-Lip Glosses (last year, I was really into Angelica; this year, I’ve found an affinity for Rio Rose).

Swatched L-R: Clinique Super Strawberry, Marcelle Rio Rose, Ellis Faas Light 303, Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow (shade II).

For my two “eye” choices, I’ll admit I cheated a little – one of them could, technically, be a base product. But whatever; a favourite’s a favourite! :P

I’m still really loving Ellis Faas Light E303, that bronzy beaut from Ellis’ Summer Set, and Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow – which I’ve had for ages, and still absolutely adore. I call it my real-life dodge brush, because when I layer it overtop either my timeBalm or Glamoflauge, it creates the perfect undereye area. It’s one of the few base products I have with silicones, but the results are sometimes worth the risk of a breakout!

Why I still have dark circles in the summer (especially when I’m neither taking classes nor working), I have no idea. We’ll blame genetics and general bad luck, yeah?

Swatched L-R, direct sunlight: Etude House Fresh Cherry Duo, Hard Candy Honeymoon, Clinique Super Strawberry, Marcelle Rio Rose, Ellis Faas 303, Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow (shade II).

P.S. Two favourites this post is missing are Clinique’s Lid Smoothies and Clarins’ Graphites quad, but it’s only because I’m easily distracted and lazy. These photos were taken at the beginning of summer, before either were launched or on my desk ;) I’m still loving them, though!

Swatched L-R, flash: Etude House Fresh Cherry Duo, Hard Candy Honeymoon, Clinique Super Strawberry, Marcelle Rio Rose, Ellis Faas 303, Boots No. 7 Radiant Glow (shade II).

I have Super Strawberry!!! And I STILL want a real-life dodge brush :P
    My recent post MAC Me Over: Runaway Red Lipstick (Or, Why Beauty Blogs Are Bad For Your Wallet)

August 29, 2011 at 6:32 PM
  • Reply Annie

The Ellis Faas shade is droolworthy. And loving the swatch pictures! So clear!
    My recent post Bullish, OPI?

August 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM
  • Reply anna

I grabbed a Clinique Chubby Stick on your rec and they are fab. They deposit just the right amount of color and avoiding the slide issues that so many other mouisturizing lip products have. I picked up Chunky Cherry and I wear it 4-5 days a week right now.

I now understand your love for them!

August 29, 2011 at 7:30 PM
  • Reply Stacey

I love how all your swatches look so summery together! The Ellis Faas eyeshadow is gorgeous! I've been seeing the Clinique Chubby Stick everywhere I can't believe I don't have one yet…super strawberry is such a pretty colour!
    My recent post FOTD: Purple & Gold Eyes

August 29, 2011 at 8:10 PM
  • Reply callitbeautyblog

lovely shades! i've been meaning to go grab a chubby stick but i keep forgetting. there you go, making me want to spend my money again :p.
    My recent post Explore Your Creativity With Sleek MakeUP's Pout Paints

August 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM
  • Reply Makeup Morsels

I can see why you love Rio Rose, it's beautiful! And I keep hearing good things about those Chubby Sticks *clutches wallet tightly*
    My recent post Revlon Fire & Ice Is One Rad Red

August 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM
  • Reply Jilliterate

Awww…good-bye, fun summer collections. :(

August 30, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • Reply Carla

"Why I still have dark circles in the summer (especially when I’m neither taking classes nor working), I have no idea."

Probably not enough water, I'm told. Mine are always purple and blue and miserableness, no matter how much sleep or how little stress I'm getting.

August 30, 2011 at 4:01 PM
  • Reply Silhouettex

ARGH YOU HAVE THE FRESH CHERRY DUO. I tried to find it on Ebay recently (as I only got into azn cosmetics recently) and couldn't find it. *weeps*
    My recent post Bigass MAC Haul

September 9, 2011 at 9:57 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » LIP SET WEEK | Clinique Chubby Colour & Shine

[…] It’s no secret that I’m in love with Clinique’s Chubby Stick Moisturizing Colour Lip Balm (their full name. Isn’t it intimidating?) I’ve talked about them before – or, perhaps more accurately, I’ve talked about the them a lot already. We first reviewed Clinique’s Chubby Sticks last December (when they were revamped and relaunched), went on to add the ingredients, and featured them in this year’s Summery Summary. […]

December 16, 2011 at 3:16 AM