With so many possibilities out there…

… you’d think they could manage to design different bottles every now and again, yeah?

But oh no! They’re all the saaaame. They’re all the SAME! D:

From L-R: Marc Jacobs Lola & flanker, designed by Jacobs and Coty Prestige artistic director Deborah Aruta, followed by the BCBG and Beiber copycats. And, okay, so I actually like the BCBGMAXAZRIA bottle the most, but it’s essentially just riffing on the same concept!

• Reply Beauty Reflections

Hahahaha:D
    My recent post Monthly Misses-August 2011

August 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM
  • Reply Makeup Morsels

The BCBG bottle is the only one I like out of the four. The Justin Beiber bottle… maybe it's a nice fragrance (I don't actually know), but the design is a little bit all over the place.
    My recent post Stop, Drop, and Roll…It’s Del Sol!

August 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM
  • Reply C P

I was actually thinking that the BCBGMAXAZRIA was my favorite also. In my opinion that design isn't really all that great so i don't understand why it would get copied so much, but that's just me.

August 30, 2011 at 11:25 PM
  • Reply eight

Hahaha, I was at Shoppers a few days ago and I was like, "Oh, the new Marc Jacobs—-oh wait. It's Bieber perfume."
    My recent post Yes, this will be happening

August 31, 2011 at 7:02 AM
  • Reply A Walk in the Closet

I have new respect for Marc Jacobs now. It's so obvious to anyone that the Beiber bottle was at least "inspired" heavily by the MJ one. And Jacobs' team even wanted to sue but Marc put a stop to that and provided this lovely quote from Chanel, "He who insists on his own creativity has no memory." Talk about begin the bigger man. :) Plus, Oh Lola! smells great!

My recent post Restoration Hardware

August 31, 2011 at 7:14 AM
  • Reply C.L.

Marc Jacobs was first with this design when he created it for the release of his perfume Lola in 2009. The fact that it is still being replicated today says something about the success of the design. After all, imitation is flattering, right?

August 31, 2011 at 8:04 AM
  • Reply Pretty House of Y

I'm sorry to be off topic but…
    Justin Bieber? Really?
    Good Lord. :P
    My recent post EOTD: Daytime Silent Treatment

August 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM
  • Reply Rainy Days & LAttes

LOL, yes! I know!
    My recent post FOTD: Eyeliner!

August 31, 2011 at 11:02 AM
  • Reply Cat

I definitely tend to stay away from overly designed bottles (my minimalist self cringes), so I've never actually smelled any of these scents!

Bieber's invading EVERYWHERE!
    My recent post New bag!

August 31, 2011 at 11:34 AM

I like the BCBG one :D I think it's the monochromatic color scheme there that makes it more appealing.
    My recent post August Favorites!

August 31, 2011 at 12:36 PM
  • Reply Emily

i lol'd when i saw this post. i was in sephora recently and was explaining/ranting to my friend how the lola and bieber bottles were practically identical and the sales person at the front was like "I KNOW RIGHT??"

August 31, 2011 at 9:25 PM
  • Reply Eden-Avalon

I agree. It bothers me – even my poor boyfriend's heard about it. But he's an optimist so he's just happy that there's pretty stuff at all. Sigh. I'm less forgiving.
    My recent post MAC Sheen Supreme – Review and Swatches

September 1, 2011 at 11:46 AM
  • Reply The Scientist

Best scent goes to Justin Bieber.
    Best bottle design goes to BCBG :)
    My recent post End of Summer Haul: nail polish, perfume and more…

September 11, 2011 at 5:10 PM