My current go-to brow-and-contour product | Smashbox Single Eye Shadow (Matte) in Smoke

I’ve mentioned this a ton of times, but (while responding to comments in last week’s All About Brows post), I realized that I’ve never actually posted a photo of this little gem!

Smashbox Smoke, a discontinued matte grey eyeshadow, has been my brow product of choice for ages. The shadow itself is really lovely (smooth, soft without being crumbly, and very blendable), and the shade works well as a brow filler in combination with almost-black hair and cool undertones. I tried it for the first time out of frustration more than anything else – everything I had tested prior to this one just looked so burnt-red in EOTD shots – and haven’t looked back since!

swatched dry on unprimed skin (light/heavy)

As far as finding a dupe goes, I haven’t really looked for one yet. I can’t imagine it would be difficult to find one, though; it really is just a basic grey! Something like NYX Dark Grey or Bobbi Brown Steel should do the trick, or (if you’d rather use a product specifically designed for brows), NYX’s Black/Grey brow duo or Clinique’s Charcoaled brow powder would work, too.

• Reply Beauty Reflections

I like Smashbox shadows. This one matches your brows perfectly as they always look great!
    MAC Omega is my brow powder of choice.
    My recent post LOreal Color Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadow-New At The Drugstore

June 7, 2011 at 6:23 AM
  • Reply MFunnyValentine

This does look like the perfect brow colour! I use a mix of MAC Mystery and MAC Print, will need to look into 'Smoke

I love Smashbox Minx eye shadow, and Smashbox Cabernet. They're so buttery smooth and pigmented.

June 8, 2011 at 6:14 PM
  • Reply Angela

No dupes to report, but I wanted to share that I really like the Smashbox Brow Tech Wax. It lasts forever and I find that just using this wax to set my hairs in place makes my brows look a little darker and most importantly, much more defined–works perfectly fine for an everyday look. I'm still a little uncomfortable with filling in my brows with pencil or shadow because it always seems to look too dark.
    My recent post youre not the polish I thought you were

June 11, 2011 at 2:53 AM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » The New Superheroes | An introduction to the Lipstick Bandits

[…] Smashbox Matte Eye Shadow in […]

September 12, 2011 at 6:02 AM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » A smokey violet and blue FOTD | ft. MAC, FaceFront, and tokidoki

[…] in Black, Imju Fiberwig mascara in Black (original formula – “extra long”), Smashbox Single Eyeshadow in Smoke (matte grey; […]

December 6, 2011 at 12:54 AM
  • Reply nottheFSB

MAC Brun is also a great powder for brows. I've switched to using Maybelline's Tough as Taupe Color Tattoo (long name!). It lasts forever, even through a scrub in the shower and doesn't stray. I have black hair and nc25 skin; looks good without being a power brow.

April 23, 2014 at 3:15 PM