Silver Fox appreciation post

The pigment

Words? Who needs words?

(Okay, I need words. Even if this post was planned out to be nothing but a mindless picspam, I need words! This gorgeous shimmery  shade is FaceFront’s Silver Fox, a silver pigment with lilac undertones and a delicious “wet” sort of finish, even when used dry. You can catch it in action in this violet and silver makeup look.)

The swatches

I’m sorry, these swatch photos should be could be are all rather sub-par because the sun won’t properly come out… but you’ll just have to deal. I promise to make it up to you sometime, somehow!

After much contemplation (okay, okay, after a few moments of contemplation), I decided to just post all three – hopefully, the range of swatches will help show off how the light affects the pigment. They’ve all been taken in indirect partially-cloudy sunlight, and the last photo was taken with flash.

The animal

Image via Focks Yeah, Foxes! and more information on the silver fox Wiki page.

The journalist

Image via The Inquisitr.

• Reply Shivani

Actually, I am mildy disappointed because I thought that the entire post was going to be dedicated to Anderson Cooper. The pigment is gorgeous, though but the name is utterly misleading. :/
    My recent post Benefit Bella Bamba ♥ ♥ ♥

May 31, 2011 at 2:30 PM
  • Reply makeupmorsels

HAHAHA I love those last two pictures :P The color is gorgeous, but the finish is just…insane. I thought it was a gel/cream shadow at first, especially in that third set of swatches.
    My recent post Watercolor EOTD Tutorial

May 31, 2011 at 2:34 PM
  • Reply olivia

LOL I scroll down the post and see Anderson Cooper! HAWT! I just wish he would switch sides then all would be great! :p

May 31, 2011 at 5:37 PM

It does look wet/foiled, even when it's dry – gorgeous! And the creature, it's so fuzzy looking! :D
    My recent post EOTD- I Have a Soft Spot For Greens

May 31, 2011 at 6:25 PM
  • Reply Paris B

Rae! I love coming here to find brands I'd never heard of before (and probably will never get my hands on) BTW Am STILL waiting on my Ellis Faas order. Getting a mite worried :P
    My recent post Luxury Lipstick Face-off- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine vs Dior Addict new vs Guerlain Rouge Automatique

May 31, 2011 at 6:53 PM
  • Reply astrorainfall

Anderson Cooper was such a hilarious touch….I laughed out loud because I didn't expect him to be part of a "silver lavender fox" makeup post… He is hot though….too bad he bats on the other side…
    My recent post 7-Day Salad Handbook

June 1, 2011 at 2:04 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

This made me laugh! Thanks so much!
    I'm convinced now-I need to order this one and the melon colour too, although I think I'll wait until the postal strike threat is over.
    My recent post Sephora Flashy Liner Waterproof Eye Pencil

June 1, 2011 at 10:06 AM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

lovely colour!

as for anderson cooper… i get it, but i'd go for john slattery :p.
    My recent post Monthly Favourites – May 2011

June 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

lovely colour!

as for anderson cooper… i get it, but i'd go for john slattery :p.
    My recent post Monthly Favourites – May 2011

June 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

lovely colour!

as for anderson cooper… i get it, but i'd go for john slattery :p.
    My recent post Monthly Favourites – May 2011

June 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

lovely colour!

as for anderson cooper… i get it, but i'd go for john slattery :p.
    My recent post Monthly Favourites – May 2011

June 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • Reply Kate & Zena

Awwwwww, look at the foxy woxy! It's so cute! (Although I'm horrified that some people keep them as pets. Wild animals such as foxes, wolves, et cetera deserve to stay WILD. Yes, I know there was a movie called The Fox and the Hound. I own it. I even cried the first billion times I watched it. It does NOT MEAN YOU SHOULD DOMESTICATE A FOX. /End of rant. It ruffles my fur to see people make wild animals pets.)

I still say that color reminds me of a nail polish color I had when I was younger. Just sayin'.

June 1, 2011 at 11:10 PM
  • Reply MFunnyValentine

OMG that Silver Fox journo is HOT. I'm going to go outside into the 3degree weather just to calm down, I think XD

Love the eye shadow too!
    My recent post Worship Wednesdays- Jane Birkin

June 8, 2011 at 6:24 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » The New Superheroes | An introduction to the Lipstick Bandits

[…] FaceFront Ultra-Steel Finish Artistic Pigment in Silver Fox, Coastal Scents Purple Punch Glitter 0.004 […]

February 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM