A bit of an important message…

So this camera can actually shoot pretty impressive video… but I don’t know how to do that so the following is utterly terrible. I’ve scrapped the video on the whole, but these are the most important few seconds:

(Please excuse the super-weird face at the end!)

Basically, I’m here to give you ladies a bit of unfortunate news, because I’m a Debbie Downer. I’ve been having health issues over the past little while, which I’m not really going to explain in great detail (unless, as I said in the clip above, you’d like me to).

Further explanation in an audio clip because I’d rather not keep typing: A ramble for your Friday (My apologies that you have to download; I can’t figure out how to embed this. But I promise the file is clean and all that!)

If you’re interested in finding out more about rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, here are a few links might help:

Much love,

Rae

• Reply dani@callitbeauty

i'm so sorry to hear about this, rae :(.

is there a cure for fibromyalgia? what sort of treatments will you have to undergo?

anyway, i seriously am wishing you all the best, rae. i hope you get all the support you need, medically & emotionally as you go through this. we're all rooting for you :).
    My recent post Latest Purchases- More Drugstore Buys- Spring Shoes- &amp The Best Pair Of Jeans Ever!

March 25, 2011 at 8:55 AM
  • Reply Rasilla

Rae
    To have shared something so personal to who knows how many ppl, well thank you for your courage! I am not too knowledgable about the fibro but I didn’t realize that the stats were that high for women Vs men. Anyway I’m not on my desktop but I will be dling the clip later.

If you would like to share more, I will be here to read!
    *hugs* Rae, sorry i can’t say much other than I hope that you will continue to be strong.

Ps I think u have a lovely facial bone structure so short hair will look nice. And it’s big for the new season :) if you pay attention to things like that~

March 25, 2011 at 9:04 AM
  • Reply Catherine

*BIG HUGS* I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I'm a bit of a walking casebook too, so I can only imagine how much it sucks to have such a terrible side effect but still really need to take the meds anyway. The doc I saw last week actually suggested that I have fibromyalgia as well, but for the time being we're trying to manage with diet and exercise. Best of luck to you! *hugs*
    My recent post Blogsale for Aid to Japan

March 25, 2011 at 9:31 AM
  • Reply Beauty Reflections

I feel for you Rae-my heart goes out to you. *HUG*
    I know what it's like to live with a disease -I have Multiple Sclerosis. Every day is a challenge even though on the outside you look fine to the world, but on the inside you feel like crap and hurt. I hope things get better and let's hope for a cure someday.
    I think you could totally rock short hair-you are gorgeous no matter what!
    My recent post JOE FRESH Faded Violet Eyeshadow Inspires Me!

March 25, 2011 at 9:58 AM
  • Reply vijiis

I have a friend with Fibromyalgia, but I had no idea hair loss was a symptom. I actually would like to know more about it, because I've never been able to ask my friend (while she'd like to explain it to me, she can't talk about it without getting emotional and she doesn't like getting emotional–I have a cursory understanding but I still don't really KNOW about it, you know?)

I know how much my friend suffers through this, because she's frequently in so much pain she can't sleep right, but stress management therapy's helped her a lot. I don't know if you've tried it, but I thought maybe I'd throw it out there. I really hope for only the best for you. <3

By the way, I think you'd look GREAT in short hair!
    My recent post Inglot Palettes

March 25, 2011 at 10:35 AM
  • Reply Amanda

I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. It's a joy to read (I've gone back and read posts as far as 2009!), and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we're both 20-something Chinese girls (who did IB!) from Edmonton!

So sad to hear about your fibro and RA. I hope you feel better soon.

March 25, 2011 at 11:50 AM
  • Reply Rocaille

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to live with an illness, it must be extremely hard! Anyway, I'm sending you my best wishes and lots of hugs and hope you get better soon… I'd also send you my vegan chocolate chip muffin, but these do get lost in the mail, or even before they reach the post office. Lots of love x
    My recent post INGLOT Eyeshadows- Freedom System and more

March 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • Reply CinnaBunnie

I'm sorry to hear about this Rae >< but I really hope that the treatments will help you and you have beautiful facial structure btw ;) I just hope things would work out!! You'd look uber cute with short hair :)
    My recent post CinnaBunnie Loves- Orange Avenue UV Color Lipgloss in 08 Milky Pink

March 25, 2011 at 2:13 PM
  • Reply Kate & Zena

DISORDER-DISEASE MISERY DAY!

Jeez, we really do need a national holiday named that though. Sometimes I feel like being around misery (even though you know my thing with misery and pity and my disorders). Do we really need to get into my disorders/conditions? Do we? I got too many to mention on here. I think you hear enough about them on a daily basis!

Seriously, I have three words for you: TRIGGER. POINT. THERAPY.
    Check it out. It's supposed to do miracles for people with RA AND/OR Fibromyalgia patients. And you won't lose your hair. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase research it. For me? Pweeze? *big puppy brown eyes with just tweezed brows* *sniff* *SNIFF*

Oh, I also have this super strict diet too, but it's like STRICT. One of the people who I watch on dA (who makes super cool costumes) has arthritis like yours and has this diet and it reversed a lot of her symptoms. I printed it out for one of a choir friend who was interested in it.

P.S. It's March 25 and it's SNOWING in my area. SNOWING!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    P.P.S. Zena sends get well kisses.

March 25, 2011 at 4:22 PM
  • Reply Arianne

So sorry to hear, Rae! *hugs* Health comes first before blogging, so don't you worry about a thing! I hope your treatments are as painless as possible. <3

You totally have the bone structure for short hair. I say go for it! :)
    My recent post Revamping Black Eyeliner- A Recreation of Giorgio Armani Runway Look

March 25, 2011 at 4:27 PM
  • Reply Rhiannon

I would love to hear about your crazy disease if you think it would help to tell me. Hugs hon, I know how much this sucks.

March 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM
  • Reply Louanne

Oh goodness my heart broke when I read this :(
    Wishing you the best girl! If theres anyone who can kick
    Fibromyalgia's sorry ass it''s definitely you <3

Much love!

March 25, 2011 at 11:21 PM
  • Reply Ada

Oh no, Rae! I'm so sorry to hear that :[ I do hope you put your health first, blogging comes after. But please do share if you'd like, I am kind of curious, not sure if that's a good/bad thing. I really do hope your treatments go well.
    Also wondering, have you tried a voice command program for your computer? I don't think it's on all computers, but it is preinstalled on my Toshiba and probably download-able somewhere. Basically, you configure it so you can dictate what you'd like to type. Not sure if it really works 100%, but I think it's worth looking into.
    My recent post GOTD Game of the Day

March 26, 2011 at 12:39 AM
  • Reply lvr

emailed you, but to summarise: it sucks that you're not feeling well.
    you're gorgeous no matter what.
    lovin' the short hair idea!

March 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM
  • Reply Nina

I'm so sorry to hear this Rae, I hope you feel better soon =( I'm sending you best wishes and lots of hugs and I think you'd look really amazing with short hair! =)

March 26, 2011 at 5:45 AM
  • Reply anna

I'm sorry to hear that you are in ill health. I wish you better health and all the beauty products you could want.

March 26, 2011 at 3:57 PM
  • Reply Jilliterate

Well that's quite disheartening to hear. I found this blog recently, and thus far, I've been really enjoying your posts and reviews — it's always great to have more Canadian input on makeup! I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems, and I really hope they improve. I also agree with what a few other commenters have already said: Firstly, you have a beautiful face and incredible bone structure. You'd look fantastic with short hair — hell, I'm pretty sure you could rock a wig made of cooked noodles. Secondly, while I've never used it myself, speech recognition software could prove to be helpful. Either way, I wish you all the best!

March 26, 2011 at 5:37 PM
  • Reply makeupmorsels

I'm so sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia and RA :( I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way, and I hope your treatments are painless! And btw, I agree w/ what everyone's been saying, you'd totally rock short hair with that bone structure! *lots and lots of hugs*
    My recent post Beauty Blog Link Love 3-26-11

March 26, 2011 at 6:55 PM
  • Reply Rasilla

Rae

If you would like to share more, I will be here to read!

March 27, 2011 at 8:48 PM
  • Reply Paris B

Thank you for sharing something this personal Rae, and I hope the treatments will help you get better soon. Sending you lots of positive vibes and prayers and as everyone says, you'd be really sassy with short hair :)
    My recent post I promise you that Dior Addict Tango will not be your last Tango in Paris

March 28, 2011 at 12:37 AM
  • Reply Sharon

Hi Rae, and a (careful) hug for you. I'm sorry you're dealing with fibro and RA, especially at such a young age.

Two of the most helpful things for my fibromyalgia (ymmv) are Lyrica (pregabalin) and getting a full eight hours of sleep at night. Just thought I'd throw that out there, if you didn't already know those things — for me, not having either one, or both, means a world of extra pain for the next day. I haven't been able to see the video clip because of my internet connection; you may already have been prescribed the pregabalin, but if you haven't it's definitely worth asking your doctor about. The only side effects I have from it are sleepiness so I take it at night before bed.

March 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM