A bit of an important message…

Friday, March 25, 2011

So this camera can actually shoot pretty impressive video… but I don’t know how to do that so the following is utterly terrible. I’ve scrapped the video on the whole, but these are the most important few seconds:

(Please excuse the super-weird face at the end!)

Basically, I’m here to give you ladies a bit of unfortunate news, because I’m a Debbie Downer. I’ve been having health issues over the past little while, which I’m not really going to explain in great detail (unless, as I said in the clip above, you’d like me to).

Further explanation in an audio clip because I’d rather not keep typing: A ramble for your Friday (My apologies that you have to download; I can’t figure out how to embed this. But I promise the file is clean and all that!)

If you’re interested in finding out more about rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia, here are a few links might help:

Much love,

Rae

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

41 Responses to “A bit of an important message…”

1. i'm so sorry to hear about this, rae :(.

is there a cure for fibromyalgia? what sort of treatments will you have to undergo?

anyway, i seriously am wishing you all the best, rae. i hope you get all the support you need, medically & emotionally as you go through this. we're all rooting for you :).
    My recent post Latest Purchases- More Drugstore Buys- Spring Shoes- &amp The Best Pair Of Jeans Ever!

2. Rasilla, on March 25th, 2011 at 9:04 am said:

Rae
    To have shared something so personal to who knows how many ppl, well thank you for your courage! I am not too knowledgable about the fibro but I didn’t realize that the stats were that high for women Vs men. Anyway I’m not on my desktop but I will be dling the clip later.

If you would like to share more, I will be here to read!
    *hugs* Rae, sorry i can’t say much other than I hope that you will continue to be strong.

Ps I think u have a lovely facial bone structure so short hair will look nice. And it’s big for the new season :) if you pay attention to things like that~

3. *BIG HUGS* I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I'm a bit of a walking casebook too, so I can only imagine how much it sucks to have such a terrible side effect but still really need to take the meds anyway. The doc I saw last week actually suggested that I have fibromyalgia as well, but for the time being we're trying to manage with diet and exercise. Best of luck to you! *hugs*
    My recent post Blogsale for Aid to Japan

4. I feel for you Rae-my heart goes out to you. *HUG*
    I know what it's like to live with a disease -I have Multiple Sclerosis. Every day is a challenge even though on the outside you look fine to the world, but on the inside you feel like crap and hurt. I hope things get better and let's hope for a cure someday.
    I think you could totally rock short hair-you are gorgeous no matter what!
    My recent post JOE FRESH Faded Violet Eyeshadow Inspires Me!

5. Thank you <3 ((lots and lots of hugs))

Both fibromyalgia and RA are chronic (aka no "cure,") but there are things you can do for both – a person-specific fitness routine (overdoing it will only make it worse, unfortunately), range-of-motion exercises, etc. : )

6. *huge hugs back* Thank you, love :s Fibro really, really sucks, but it *is* manageable : ) (Even if it sometimes feels otherwise!) Hope things start looking up for you & your body soon!

7. Aww, thank you! I've had short hair in the past, but I don't exactly miss it – it's easier to manage, but darn it, I like long hair!

So sorry to hear about your MS; I can't even imagine how hard that would be ((hugs)) < 3

8. vijiis, on March 25th, 2011 at 10:35 am said:

I have a friend with Fibromyalgia, but I had no idea hair loss was a symptom. I actually would like to know more about it, because I've never been able to ask my friend (while she'd like to explain it to me, she can't talk about it without getting emotional and she doesn't like getting emotional–I have a cursory understanding but I still don't really KNOW about it, you know?)

I know how much my friend suffers through this, because she's frequently in so much pain she can't sleep right, but stress management therapy's helped her a lot. I don't know if you've tried it, but I thought maybe I'd throw it out there. I really hope for only the best for you. <3

By the way, I think you'd look GREAT in short hair!
    My recent post Inglot Palettes

9. Oh! No no no, hair loss and fibro are unrelated. My RA is quite bad, and one of the treatments I am on for that is causing it. (Methotrexate – also used for cancer treatment and abortions.)

Thank you, hon ((hugs)) I have to cut this message short (lecture just ended) but will talk to you soon!

10. Amanda, on March 25th, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. It's a joy to read (I've gone back and read posts as far as 2009!), and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that we're both 20-something Chinese girls (who did IB!) from Edmonton!

So sad to hear about your fibro and RA. I hope you feel better soon.

11. Rocaille, on March 25th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to live with an illness, it must be extremely hard! Anyway, I'm sending you my best wishes and lots of hugs and hope you get better soon… I'd also send you my vegan chocolate chip muffin, but these do get lost in the mail, or even before they reach the post office. Lots of love x
    My recent post INGLOT Eyeshadows- Freedom System and more

12. I'm sorry to hear about this Rae >< but I really hope that the treatments will help you and you have beautiful facial structure btw ;) I just hope things would work out!! You'd look uber cute with short hair :)
    My recent post CinnaBunnie Loves- Orange Avenue UV Color Lipgloss in 08 Milky Pink

13. Kate & Zena, on March 25th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

DISORDER-DISEASE MISERY DAY!

Jeez, we really do need a national holiday named that though. Sometimes I feel like being around misery (even though you know my thing with misery and pity and my disorders). Do we really need to get into my disorders/conditions? Do we? I got too many to mention on here. I think you hear enough about them on a daily basis!

Seriously, I have three words for you: TRIGGER. POINT. THERAPY.
    Check it out. It's supposed to do miracles for people with RA AND/OR Fibromyalgia patients. And you won't lose your hair. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase research it. For me? Pweeze? *big puppy brown eyes with just tweezed brows* *sniff* *SNIFF*

Oh, I also have this super strict diet too, but it's like STRICT. One of the people who I watch on dA (who makes super cool costumes) has arthritis like yours and has this diet and it reversed a lot of her symptoms. I printed it out for one of a choir friend who was interested in it.

P.S. It's March 25 and it's SNOWING in my area. SNOWING!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    P.P.S. Zena sends get well kisses.

14. So sorry to hear, Rae! *hugs* Health comes first before blogging, so don't you worry about a thing! I hope your treatments are as painless as possible. <3

You totally have the bone structure for short hair. I say go for it! :)
    My recent post Revamping Black Eyeliner- A Recreation of Giorgio Armani Runway Look

15. Thanks, Amanda! I'm so glad that you're enjoying theNotice ^^ (And I mean, hell – I wouldn't have the patience to read that many posts in the past, especially with the format change and lost comments! Hats off to you :p)

If I might ask – are you still in Edmonton, or have you moved on to brighter and warmer climes? :P

16. Haha, thank you lovely :) It's the thought that counts and all! (Plus, cami and I are convinced that the dogs and/or mailpeople are eating all baked goods before they can make it to their final destination. It's quite the conspiracy.)

17. Rhiannon, on March 25th, 2011 at 5:02 pm said:

I would love to hear about your crazy disease if you think it would help to tell me. Hugs hon, I know how much this sucks.

18. Louanne, on March 25th, 2011 at 11:21 pm said:

Oh goodness my heart broke when I read this :(
    Wishing you the best girl! If theres anyone who can kick
    Fibromyalgia's sorry ass it''s definitely you <3

Much love!

19. Oh no, Rae! I'm so sorry to hear that :[ I do hope you put your health first, blogging comes after. But please do share if you'd like, I am kind of curious, not sure if that's a good/bad thing. I really do hope your treatments go well.
    Also wondering, have you tried a voice command program for your computer? I don't think it's on all computers, but it is preinstalled on my Toshiba and probably download-able somewhere. Basically, you configure it so you can dictate what you'd like to type. Not sure if it really works 100%, but I think it's worth looking into.
    My recent post GOTD Game of the Day

20. emailed you, but to summarise: it sucks that you're not feeling well.
    you're gorgeous no matter what.
    lovin' the short hair idea!

21. I'm so sorry to hear this Rae, I hope you feel better soon =( I'm sending you best wishes and lots of hugs and I think you'd look really amazing with short hair! =)

22. I have looked into trigger point therapy, actually! (Have you mentioned it in the past, perhaps? I can't think of any other reason why I would have read up on it!) I only skimmed a few articles, but I didn't think it would really be an option – my RA has progressed to the point that most (if not all) of my joints are inflamed, and I spend most days completely zapped of energy. It's not really a few things that can be dealt with; everything from my knuckles to my knees are being affected.

If I had more time, I think it would be something I'd like to try, but the disease is progressing really quickly, and I don't really feel comfortable taking that chance, you know? I think one of the major misconceptions is that RA is all about the pain, but it really isn't – my fear is that if we let it progress to far, not only my joints will be inflamed… and swelling around my heart wouldn't exactly be a walk in the park >.<

23. *hugs back* Thank you, Arianne!

24. Haha, I'm alright, but thanks – I just offer because a lot of people don't really know much about RA, so they just assume I have what their grandparents had :P *hugs*

25. Aww, thank you Louanne! Go find some cute boy to stalk & put your heart back together; no need for it to be in tatters because of rae's crazy diseases :P

26. Kate & Zena, on March 26th, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

I have. It's meant for people who have tried everything and it hasn't had the results that you want (which is want you're having). It's the same with migraines and Epilepsy. It's meant really as a second to last resort (Botox is a last resort for people with CP and migraines).

They wouldn't put shots in, like, your finger joints. TPT relies on your nerves, just like RA and Fibro attacks your nerves (I know fibro attacks the nerves, I don't remember if RA does. Correct me if I'm wrong please). The theory is while your nerves are very. very numb (yes, they are certifiably numb), the steroid slowly restarts your nerve and reteaches to not attack itself and not cause pain. It has a HUGE success rate in a short time with what I've read; personally, it's been really successful with my dad, my mom and I. I'm from a major migraine a week to one a month in three appointments (yay!).

Do you want me to send you that diet? It's a bit on the expensive side and takes a month to fully work, but it might be what you need as well.

27. I'm sorry to hear that you are in ill health. I wish you better health and all the beauty products you could want.

28. Jilliterate, on March 26th, 2011 at 5:37 pm said:

Well that's quite disheartening to hear. I found this blog recently, and thus far, I've been really enjoying your posts and reviews — it's always great to have more Canadian input on makeup! I'm very sorry to hear about your health problems, and I really hope they improve. I also agree with what a few other commenters have already said: Firstly, you have a beautiful face and incredible bone structure. You'd look fantastic with short hair — hell, I'm pretty sure you could rock a wig made of cooked noodles. Secondly, while I've never used it myself, speech recognition software could prove to be helpful. Either way, I wish you all the best!

29. makeupmorsels, on March 26th, 2011 at 6:55 pm said:

I'm so sorry to hear about your fibromyalgia and RA :( I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs your way, and I hope your treatments are painless! And btw, I agree w/ what everyone's been saying, you'd totally rock short hair with that bone structure! *lots and lots of hugs*
    My recent post Beauty Blog Link Love 3-26-11

30. Rasilla, on March 27th, 2011 at 8:48 pm said:

Rae

If you would like to share more, I will be here to read!

31. Haha, I'd say "neutral"? I'm always quite curious as well, so I'll see if I can find time to post more soon :)

I've thought about voice command programs, but I don't think they'd make a lot of sense for me – most of the typing that I have to do is notetaking, and I can't be in the back of a lecture talking to my computer :p Thank you all the same for the suggestion, though! ♥

32. *hugs*

Will reply soon, I promise! Trudging my way through a heap of schoolwork right now >.<

33. Thank you, Nina! ♥

34. LOL! Haha, thanks Anna :) I'm not sure wishing can bring me better health, but wishing for beauty products *did* bring me a laugh (which, really, is the next best thing ^^)

35. Aww, thanks love :) I, um, don't even really want to think about how many strangers have read this by now, lol! The video stats say about 200, but the page stats are WAY above that, so… >.< I don't know; it doesn't really seem all that personal to me – it's a bit like telling people your eye colour, in a weird way. *shrugs*

But I digress. Thanks again for all of your kind words, my dear! Perhaps you'll see some new hair around here soon :p

36. Thank you for sharing something this personal Rae, and I hope the treatments will help you get better soon. Sending you lots of positive vibes and prayers and as everyone says, you'd be really sassy with short hair :)
    My recent post I promise you that Dior Addict Tango will not be your last Tango in Paris

37. Thank you, love :) ♥

38. Sharon, on March 28th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

Hi Rae, and a (careful) hug for you. I'm sorry you're dealing with fibro and RA, especially at such a young age.

Two of the most helpful things for my fibromyalgia (ymmv) are Lyrica (pregabalin) and getting a full eight hours of sleep at night. Just thought I'd throw that out there, if you didn't already know those things — for me, not having either one, or both, means a world of extra pain for the next day. I haven't been able to see the video clip because of my internet connection; you may already have been prescribed the pregabalin, but if you haven't it's definitely worth asking your doctor about. The only side effects I have from it are sleepiness so I take it at night before bed.

39. Haha, thanks for the (amusing) hug, Sharon :p I try my hardest to get the full eight hours, but of course – not always an option when you're a student, unfortunately. But, I get it when I can, and balanced with carefully managed exercise and diet (wheat- and caffeine-free,) it's manageable : )

Lyrica has been in the back of the mind (though I'd rather not take it unless I absolutely have to… I'm on enough drugs already!) but I do find it quite helpful to hear what other fibro patients are taking, so thank you for mentioning it!

*careful hugs back*

40. Amanda, on March 31st, 2011 at 2:13 pm said:

I moved by my lonesome to Vancouver for university when I was 17, but my whole family is still back home in Edmonton so I visit often. And as cold as it is in Edmonton, I still miss the fact that it's a whole heck of a lot sunnier than Raincouver!

Thanks again for your dedication to theNotice!

41. Haha, this is true! It's been sunny pretty much all week – love it ^^