Pink and violet Versace-inspired look

I’ve actually been doing a lot of looks recently, but for whatever reason, I feel like we haven’t posted one forever. So, to change that…

A few months back, I stumbled on the most gorgeous Versace dress while flipping through Monika Jagaciak images (LOVE her). I wanted to mimic the white/pink/violet gradient of the fabric, and added three tiny pieces of glitter to translate a sort of toned-down version of the sparkle. Here’s the dress:

via

Note: all links go to the product reviews!

The eye

Products used – base: NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil, Marcelle Amythest 2 in 1 Retractable Eyeliner, MAC Blanc Type

Products used – colour: White/multicoloured glitter from the Annabelle Multi-Dome Eyeshadow Palette in Midnight, MAC Fuchsia pigment, Senna Destiny, a violet Flirt! eyeshadow, MAC 3D Silver glitter

The lip

Products used – lips: A tiny amount of concealer applied with a foundation brush, topped with Rimmel Stay Glossy in Non-Stop Glamour

The look

Products used – skin and cheeks: Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Light (concealer), MAC Powder Blush in Harmony (contour), Benefit Posietint (blush), Benefit Girl Meets Pearl (hilight)

I’m actually super-wired right now, so I haven’t much to add. (I had a quarter of a bubble tea… a quarter! Damn you, low sugar tolerance.) I’m due in for a major sugar crash within the next hour or two, so not only do I hope you liked this look, I also hope your day’s going better than mine :P

It was really tasty, though. What’s your favourite flavour of bubble tea? (My poison of choice is taro, of course. If it’s a choice between a super-tasty purple drink and a tasty non-purple one, I mean, I don’t even really have a say in the matter. Instinct takes over.)

• Reply blusherine

I love your eye makeup, it looks great! Especially the shape, it suits you perfectly!

February 23, 2011 at 6:23 AM
  • Reply Arianne

Oh my god this is so freakin' beautiful!!! Complete with the glitters! *swoon*

Love this eyeshadow shape on you, Rae. The blending, too, is perfection. :)
    My recent post Marcelle Rouge Xpression Lipsticks- Team Brights

February 23, 2011 at 6:54 AM
  • Reply @minotaurbb

Goooooooooorgeous!

February 23, 2011 at 9:41 AM
  • Reply Tweets that mention theNotice: a beauty blog » Pink and violet Versace-inspired look -- Topsy.com

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Arianne, thenotice. thenotice said: New on theNotice: a Versace-inspired pink and violet FOTD http://bit.ly/g4CcfL […]

February 23, 2011 at 11:03 AM
  • Reply sums

!!! love it!

February 23, 2011 at 11:18 AM
  • Reply dani@callitbeauty

jac is so flipping gorgeous! and that dress! omg, that dressss!

p.s.
    purple always looks stunning on your skin :). fantastic look, as always!
    My recent post All About Eyes – Slate Inspired by Emily Blunt

February 23, 2011 at 11:37 AM
  • Reply vijiis

That dress is everything a dress should be. <3 Great look! The glitter is SUCH a cute touch!
    My recent post MAC Viva Glam Gaga II

February 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM
  • Reply sugar sugar

you look so pretty! love your eyeshadow & lips, super!! :D

February 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM
  • Reply Shivani

love it :)
    My recent post Annabelle Trio Eyeshadow in Creme Caramel

February 23, 2011 at 3:04 PM
  • Reply Lily

Super. Hot. :D Love the curly locks too!

February 23, 2011 at 7:11 PM
  • Reply Citrine

I am not a fan of the dress (reminds me of how my white clothes turns out when I wash them with other colors) but your makeup is absolutely gorgeous! (Of course, gotta love Jac too.)
    My recent post Milani Mineralize Baked Blush

February 23, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • Reply makeupmorsels

Love the dress and the look!
    mmm, it's a tossup between traditional bubble tea and passionfruit green tea bubble tea for me.
    My recent post The Wednesday Wigeon No13

February 23, 2011 at 9:28 PM
  • Reply Angela

Loooove this look. I can never seem to blend quite like this. I really am enchanted with the colours.

PS I go back and forth between a couple flavours–golden mandarin, green apple slush, or green apple Calprin slush. I also just like plain milk tea cold or hot.

February 23, 2011 at 9:50 PM
  • Reply @annayuen

Pearl milk tea slush with half pearls, half pudding. Haven't had a good one in FOREVER. There is a specific taste I crave from a bubble tea and I will milk it for a few hours, pearl after pearl… and I truly only enjoy them from this place I used to go to all the time in Vancouver but haven't since Labour Day Weekend. I do settle for this one place in Edmonton that was in Chinatown and now moved somewhere (don't know the city well enough to know, nor do I remember the name). Wow, deprived and psychotic sounding.

February 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM
  • Reply Angela

I left a comment yesterday but I'm not sure it went through cus your comment thinger looked totally different.
    To sum it up:
    1) beautiful look, envious of your blending skillz
    2) golden mandarin black tea, or green apple calprin slush, or just plain milk tea (hot or cold). Pearls or green apple jelly depending on my mood :P
    My recent post review- revlon super lustrous lipstick in wine with everything

February 24, 2011 at 7:36 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » Posts you may have missed 05/03/11

[…] a soft, whimsical pink and violet look inspired by just a stunning […]

March 5, 2011 at 6:02 AM
  • Reply coco

<3 this look. i was looking for pink/violet inspiration and found this. i love your eotd looks.

March 18, 2011 at 6:12 AM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » A burning beauty, in a bad way | Hard Candy Visibly Wet review

[…] detail on the rest of the makeup look here. Filed under: Hard Candy, Lips, Product Photos, Product Review, Product Swatches Posted […]

August 4, 2011 at 12:55 AM