Poll: what’s your go-to foundation brush?

I’m looking for a new (traditional) foundation brush, and I’m curious as to what everyone’s been loving recently!

My favourite: Aura Science made absolutely phenomenal brushes – but I can’t pick up another, as the line no longer exists! I’d like to get another brush just like theirs, though; perhaps a bit softer. (It’s well-weighted, springy, and fairly flat.)

Leave your answer in the comments!

• Reply Socialite Dreams

i use the sephora contour brush (flat head brush) to buffer on liquid foundation :) love it!
    My recent post 28 Days of Black Beauty – Alexandra Burke

February 15, 2011 at 9:27 PM
  • Reply vijiis

I'm a total MAC girl, and I love both the 192 and 187 for liquid foundation, and the 182 for powder. I think by traditional you mean something 192-ish, right?
    My recent post Hello Kitty Liquid Nail Art- Purple Sprinkles

February 15, 2011 at 9:48 PM
  • Reply Kate & Zena

I use…..my hands! Technically, I use my fingers, but those are connected to my hands. I find that brushes leave all sorts of lines and soak up too much product and, well, are just plain IMPRACTICAL.

February 15, 2011 at 11:56 PM
  • Reply Arianne

Sigma F80 or F82. Dense synthetic kabuki style brushes. Need I say more? :D
    My recent post Signs of Spring- Pretty Colours and Berry Stained Lips

February 16, 2011 at 6:43 AM
  • Reply S

Not traditional like the 190, my favorite is the $3 ELF Studio Powder brush. It works for all kinds of liquid, cream and powder foundations. Applies flawlessly! I love this brush and. My 190 sits unloved in a drawer.

February 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM
  • Reply Maddie

PRESCRIPTIVES. That is the best foundation brush ever……. No streaking suprisingly

February 16, 2011 at 8:01 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » Pretty in Prints: Q and A with makeup artist Kayleen McAdams

[…] well. The key to applying foundation is to use a good foundation brush. [Hit me up with your fave here!] It ensures you layer on the right amount of coverage so it’s not too thick. Try this makeup […]

February 16, 2011 at 10:30 PM
  • Reply ann

I like MAC's stippling brush (either 188 or 187), but if you want something more traditional, I love Chanel's! Otherwise, I just use my fingers. I wake up at 6 and need to be quick so sometimes this is less of a hassle.

February 17, 2011 at 4:37 AM
  • Reply Nicole

beauty blender! I use a 191 for foundation but then bounce bounce bounce the blender all over my face to blend out all the lines & smudges. It give a really airbrushed, smooth finish!

February 17, 2011 at 8:15 AM