Nothing says HOLIDAYS! like a red lipstick (or ten…)

I attempted all day to finish a review for you lovely ladies, but I just couldn’t do it. I have been so wiped all day, and I guess my mental functions were just not up to thinking about products!

Instead, I figure now’s a good time to share some red lipstick and gloss swatches with you. These aren’t all the reds in my collection (ack, I have way too many reds) but they’re some of the ones I reach for the most often. Which shade’s your favourite? :o) Oh, and don’t forget that you can enlarge all our photos by clicking on ’em!

From left to right, these lovely reds are: Annabelle Volumelip in Cherryoké, MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Plum Perfect, Annabelle Le Gloss in Bitten, Ellis Faas 201, Marcelle Rouge Vitality in Vintage Red, Clarins Rouge Prodige in Barocco, MAC Lipstick in Dubonnet, and Annabelle Rouge Velours in Adrenaline.

I’ve tried to arrange them in terms of opacity, so the swatches start with the more sheer glosses/balms, then the more pigmented glosses, and finally, the lipsticks. My favourite? Um… if I could pick one, do you really think I’d have this many? :P

It’s still obscenely early, but I think I might try to turn in for the night… or watch some more Fringe. Ugh, let’s hope I’m feeling better tomorrow — I still have so much that I want to share with you before the new year! In the meantime, a question: what do you do when you’re really tired (but can’t sleep)?

• Reply dani@callitbeauty

i like vintage red! right now, i have 2 reds: one's too dark (mac media) and one's too bright (revlon colorburst – true red), so i mix them both to get the perfect red.

as for the last question: watch videos/movie on my laptop… it doesn't help :p
    My recent post Winter Staples – MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner

December 22, 2010 at 11:10 PM
  • Reply makeupmorsels

My favorite is Ellis Faas 201 out of all the shades you swatched. And to answer your question, I just lie in bed anyways. At least it's nice and warm there…

December 23, 2010 at 12:01 AM
  • Reply Mfunnyvalentine

the Ellis Faas 201 looks gorgeous, and Dubbonet is an old favourite of mine.

When I'm tired but can't sleep, I heat up some milk and add a tablespoon of honey- that usually does the trick.
    My recent post Face of the Day with MAC Texture eyeshadow

December 23, 2010 at 5:12 AM
  • Reply Arianne

The Ellis Faas 201 totally ownz (with a z!). Marcelle Vintage Red is a close second for me.

Read a book?
    My recent post Success! I Mixed My Own Hot Pink Lipstick with OCC Lip Tars

December 23, 2010 at 9:42 AM
  • Reply Kam

Oooh, I'm full of lemming for Barocco!!

As to the sleeplessness conundrum, I tend to read at when I can't sleep. It happened to me last night actually and I ended up with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for a couple of hours :)

December 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM
  • Reply Nina

Strange, but I don't like red lipstick. So it's all nudes and corals for me over the holidays too. If I'm too tired but can't sleep, I listen to some music, or watch some Death Note over again. It works for me ^^ Hope you feel better now.

December 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM
  • Reply Pinch

Nice! I especially like MAC's Dubonnet :) When I'm way tired but can't sleep I find I start praying the rosary – it keeps me from thinking about whatever keeps me from sleeping :)
    My recent post Dark- Dark Enigma

December 23, 2010 at 3:45 PM
  • Reply Nina

Merry X-mas Rae! Haha I know it's freaky that I don't like red lipstick. Maybe there are one or two exceptions but that's it. My favorite coral is Vegas Volt I think, and then there is Viva Glam Cyndi lipglass, I just pat it on a little lipbalm and it gives such a nice coral tint to my lips (it lessens the red for me). Love it. How do you like Maybelline Coral Crush?

December 24, 2010 at 3:40 PM
  • Reply theNotice: a beauty blog » Grab this before it’s gone: Clarins Rouge Prodige in Barocco

[…] this post. Barocco is third from the right. Filed under: Clarins, Holiday 2010, Lips, Product […]

January 19, 2011 at 6:02 AM