MAC Charm Pale, bringing you a bit of NSFW for the day

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

You’d think it would be polite to at least warn us, MAC. Sheesh! :P

(But on a serious note: why on earth is a Holiday promo image for a cosmetics company NSFW? That’s ridiculous. It doesn’t personally offend me or anything, but I can think of a lot of moms who would hate for their four-year-olds to stumble across an image like this. I mean, MAC often prints out larger-than-life posters for their stores; what if this has plans to be one of them?)

(Oh, and P.S. is it just me, or are her nails leaning really… vomit-green?)

image via

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 Responses to “MAC Charm Pale, bringing you a bit of NSFW for the day”

1. rainbowashlyn, on December 15th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

I don't really care, I think as a culture we need to stop flipping out about boobs. Heck, in Manitoba and a couple of other provinces it's actually perfectly legal for women to go topless but nobody does because of the cultural taboo.

2. Hmm. I don't care either, but I think it's kind of insensitive of MAC to go splashing nipples left and right — sure, it's legal in most places, but just because it doesn't offend you and I doesn't mean it won't offend others!

*shrugs* just my $0.02 :)

3. Kate & Zena, on December 16th, 2010 at 12:33 am said:

Boobs are boobs are boobs. Honestly, most 2-4 year olds don't know it's wrong to see them (trust me, I've baby-sat enough of them). Only the parents freak out about it and then the kid learns, "Oh, boobies are baaaaaaaaaaad." Of course, when they become teens and if they're female, most panic when they start developing them (don't tell me you didn't because I bet you did).

And that color on her nails is called khaki. They use that color on desert uniforms for the Army. That isn't green by a long shot. Do you need your eyes checked? <- is cranky from finals

4. What??! No way is that khaki. I sorta like khaki! It's definitely a putrid green-gold on my monitor.

(Plus, "nay" on the panicking. Erm… did you?! *puzzled*)

5. Yikes I lost half my comment when I signed into twitter! Darn! Oh well it was tl;dr anyways.

What I wanted to say is I'm totally on board with you on this issue. Personally, I've seen tons of nipples in my 20 years, and one more certainly ain't going to hurt ;) Having nudity in marketing campaigns just doesn't irk me at all. However, it really does bother some people. I think in the end, their right to not feel uncomfortable in public outweighs my right to look at boobies.

6. Well said! Even if Twitter ate up some of your comment :p People feeling uncomfortable in public, whether that person is myself or someone else, is never a good thing in my books : (

7. Kate & Zena, on December 16th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Nope, that's khaki. You might need to readjust your monitor (mine naturally readjusts so everything is balanced). It's khaki; true military khaki.

(No, I grew up with a European lifestyle, remember? Not the American lifestyle)

8. HOLD IT!

f.lux is on.

>.< Oh my god I do this all the time.

9. Kate & Zena, on December 16th, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

Does it look like khaki now?

10. *hides in shame*

11. Kate & Zena, on December 16th, 2010 at 10:42 pm said:

*pats head in forgiveness*

What is f.lux?

12. Screen tinting (possibly just for macs?) — makes it easier on my eyes :)

13. Kate & Zena, on December 16th, 2010 at 11:14 pm said:

Oh, I never heard of it for PCs. I can't use Macs because they use LEDs. I can't use anything using LEDs due to my Epilepsy and my migraine disorder. Medical studies show that LEDs set off seizures (in some people) and migraines (in some people). I get migraines from them, not seizures. We have a LED pre-lighted tree, but I try to keep it off as much as possible! My being a Grinch keeps makes my head happy.

I have a PC so I pick my own monitor; I have a Proview LCD monitor. LCD lighting is less harsh, but that means the color isn't as "true" as LED. LED is a kind of LCD, but it's a lot brighter with a lot less energy used, so it provides truer color; it's the pinpoint brightness (they're pricks of light as opposed to diffused light. LCDs are more diffused apparent) that cause migraines and seizures.

(Sorry for the diversion. My brain apparently wanted to explain why I like PCs!)

14. Lol, no problem. That was actually really interesting! : )

Write a Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 5011200 bytes) in /home/content/32/4441132/html/thenotice/wp-includes/functions.php on line 364