How do you guys feel about the occasional TMI day? Anything that you feel is too embarassing or awkward for real life can be discussed on said days — or emailed to me as a suggestion for the next TMI Time! The only rule is that it cannot be lewd, and the subject matter has to be appropriate for [most] ages.
TMI Time will always be under a cut, so by clicking on the “read more” button, you can choose to read it or skip it. Also, by clicking, you accept that you are… [legal jargon] and [more legal jargon stating you cannot sue me or any of my readers, who are AWESOME, might I add.]
To start this off: what type of period care do you use?? I’m a Tampax girl, my sister uses only plastic applicators (preferably Playtex) and mother can use whatever the hell she wants. I have an aunt that uses only pads and a friend who loves her DivaCup…
And now, to take it up to the TMI level… pro/cons!
- Tampax (traditional): cardboard applicatiors are better for the environment than plastic ones but harder to insert (I have no problem with this, though my sister does… and I use Extra Supers [ugh] in comparison to her Regulars!) They expand in this  shape, so they’re easier to remove.
- Tampax compak: small, with a plastic applicator for easy insertion. They also expand  thisaway, so they’re easy to remove. Unfortunately, they’re also pricier and generate more waste than a traditional tampax.
- Playtex (traditional): plastic applicators with rounded tips, which is more wasteful, but wayyy easier to insert. What I have trouble with is the removal — they expand like this <> and when I’m bleeding to death, tired, and anaemic, it is physically distressing to have to remove these. Plus, it hurts!
- Pads: messy. That is all.
- DivaCup: I would love to try one of these, because they sound wonderful! Reduced waste, one set cost (no monthly rebuying) and, from what I hear, very effective. The only problem? I haven’t the ovaries (har, har) to try it out!!
Now it’s your turn — respond!!