Monday morning and the coffee’s on the brill…

Monday, November 2, 2009

Just eye shots today. They’re a little blueish, because I did this early one morning and for some strange reason, the light in my room is always blue-tinged before around 11 or 12. I quite liked this look — it’s easy to do, and day-appropriate due to its softness.
How-to:

Cover lid with a red-toned base overtop primer. Sweep a burgundy-violet over the whole lid, then layer a darker, more plummy colour in the outer V and a sheer gold on the inner 1/3. Blend well! Mimic these proportions for your liner, and create a wing with the darker colour.
Pat pigments sheerly overtop for a more metallic finish. To clean edges and hilight under the brow, use a clean brush to sweep a skin-toned matte around the perimeter of the shadow and on the brow bone.
Curl lashes and apply mascara.

Used — colour:

MAC Fresco CCB
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Senna Intrigue, Smolder, and Bronze Age
Fyrinnae Polar Bear
Mac Naked and Mauvement pigments
Lancome Positive

Used — “boring stuff”:

TheBalm‘s TimeBalm concealer in Lighter Than Light
Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

15 Responses to “Monday morning and the coffee’s on the brill…”

1. JennXOXO, on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:28 am said:

Very pretty! I think your EOTD descriptions are great & very helpful. :)

2. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 1:49 am said:

Jenn: Thanks! One vote in the "keep 'em!" column, then :)

3. Lisa Kate, on November 2nd, 2009 at 2:55 am said:

Ooh I love it!! What a great color on you. Plus, I've seen 2 people wearing Polar Bear today! Arg, added to the list of pigments to buy!! Personally, I like how to breakdowns because then I can see where you wore each color. Otherwise I'm like "uhh which one is polar bear?" you know?

4. All Women Stalker, on November 2nd, 2009 at 3:57 am said:

Ooohh, I love this. Will have to try this soon. :)-meream

5. Glitterati, on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

Pretty and cushy… makes me think of cozy soft wrap sweater! Or maybe I'm just freezing in my office and need some of that coffee… ;)

6. Oh, I love it! So clean, fresh, and simple! Yet pretty!Keep your EOTD breakdowns and keep the product used please! :) Hehe, I love reading your chatter box.

7. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Lisa Kate: lol!! It's SO gorgeous, and versitile — you need it!!I will definitely keep the descriptions, then :P Thanks!

8. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Meream: thanks hon!! Lmk how it goes if you do =)

9. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Catherine: thank you hon!!

10. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Glitterati: Haha! Yah, I'm pretty sure it's just because you're freezing… now stop thinking about cozy, soft, wrap sweaters, and put one on! :P

11. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Maggie: Thanks =) And I will! I love my chatter box :D It's the most "whimsical" part of the blog most days, and it's fun!

12. Catherine, on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

This is so pretty!

13. Rae,This looks very pretty. Understated, but still elegant. The blending is flawless!

14. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Karen: Aww, thanks hon =) Nothing bothers me more than harsh lines where they shouldn't be, so I blend the heck out of everything!

15. [...] Bear – also seen in this geometric burgundy and gold look, this green and gold look, and this soft burgundy and gold [...]

Write a Comment