Monday morning and the coffee’s on the brill…

Monday, November 2, 2009

Just eye shots today. They’re a little blueish, because I did this early one morning and for some strange reason, the light in my room is always blue-tinged before around 11 or 12. I quite liked this look — it’s easy to do, and day-appropriate due to its softness.
How-to:

Cover lid with a red-toned base overtop primer. Sweep a burgundy-violet over the whole lid, then layer a darker, more plummy colour in the outer V and a sheer gold on the inner 1/3. Blend well! Mimic these proportions for your liner, and create a wing with the darker colour.
Pat pigments sheerly overtop for a more metallic finish. To clean edges and hilight under the brow, use a clean brush to sweep a skin-toned matte around the perimeter of the shadow and on the brow bone.
Curl lashes and apply mascara.

Used — colour:

MAC Fresco CCB
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Senna Intrigue, Smolder, and Bronze Age
Fyrinnae Polar Bear
Mac Naked and Mauvement pigments
Lancome Positive

Used — “boring stuff”:

TheBalm‘s TimeBalm concealer in Lighter Than Light
Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
share this post:Email this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on StumbleUponDigg this

15 Responses to “Monday morning and the coffee’s on the brill…”

1. JennXOXO, on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:28 am said:

Very pretty! I think your EOTD descriptions are great & very helpful. :)

2. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 1:49 am said:

Jenn: Thanks! One vote in the "keep 'em!" column, then :)

3. Lisa Kate, on November 2nd, 2009 at 2:55 am said:

Ooh I love it!! What a great color on you. Plus, I've seen 2 people wearing Polar Bear today! Arg, added to the list of pigments to buy!! Personally, I like how to breakdowns because then I can see where you wore each color. Otherwise I'm like "uhh which one is polar bear?" you know?

4. All Women Stalker, on November 2nd, 2009 at 3:57 am said:

Ooohh, I love this. Will have to try this soon. :)-meream

5. Glitterati, on November 2nd, 2009 at 7:58 am said:

Pretty and cushy… makes me think of cozy soft wrap sweater! Or maybe I'm just freezing in my office and need some of that coffee… ;)

6. Oh, I love it! So clean, fresh, and simple! Yet pretty!Keep your EOTD breakdowns and keep the product used please! :) Hehe, I love reading your chatter box.

7. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Lisa Kate: lol!! It's SO gorgeous, and versitile — you need it!!I will definitely keep the descriptions, then :P Thanks!

8. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Meream: thanks hon!! Lmk how it goes if you do =)

9. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:26 am said:

Catherine: thank you hon!!

10. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

Glitterati: Haha! Yah, I'm pretty sure it's just because you're freezing… now stop thinking about cozy, soft, wrap sweaters, and put one on! :P

11. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:28 am said:

Maggie: Thanks =) And I will! I love my chatter box :D It's the most "whimsical" part of the blog most days, and it's fun!

12. Catherine, on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:39 pm said:

This is so pretty!

13. Rae,This looks very pretty. Understated, but still elegant. The blending is flawless!

14. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 3:15 pm said:

Karen: Aww, thanks hon =) Nothing bothers me more than harsh lines where they shouldn't be, so I blend the heck out of everything!

15. [...] Bear – also seen in this geometric burgundy and gold look, this green and gold look, and this soft burgundy and gold [...]

Write a Comment