The five most expensive… items on Sephora.com

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Y’know. Just because we’re sick and masochistic like that. I have no comments or judgement on [most] of these, but I was curious and thought you ladies might be as well! Keep in mind that I did not include sets — this is just the single items!

Fifth place
This spot is shared by three items, all at the same whopping $300. Missoni‘s Missoni Parfum, Juicy Coutures‘s Juicy Couture Parfum (which is really half the price of the Missoni, as it’s double the size) and the T3 Bespoke Labs Evolution Dryer.

And may I just point out that the Missoni bottle is ugly as hell? Thanks.
Fourth place

One point seven ounces of Givenchy’s Le Soin Noir will set you back $360. What is it with companies putting algae in moisturisers and amping up the price tenfold for it?
Third place
This fell just short of second place — at $499, Silk’n‘s Silk’n SensEpil will remove your body hair with lasers. But only if you have fair skin and dark hair, plus a fairly high pain tolerance and a hell of a lot of patien
ce!
Second place
Kate Somerville‘s Deep Tissue Repair Cream with Peptide K8. Kate, honey, if anyone’s ploppin’ down $500 for 5oz of this, they need more than their deep tissue repaired.

First place
The just-discussed item, Sephora‘s insanely expensive Luxury Lighted Makeup Stand, for the low, low price of $998.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

16 Responses to “The five most expensive… items on Sephora.com”

1. Citrine, on October 31st, 2009 at 5:12 pm said:

That sephora work station looks like a barbecue grille to me…I think I will just get a real barbecue grill for 100 bucks…

2. makeupgirl22, on October 31st, 2009 at 6:50 pm said:

even at that price range I'm interested in the silk'n sensepil, it may save me some salon $$!

3. Catherine, on November 1st, 2009 at 1:19 am said:

LOL.

4. Rae // theNotice, on November 1st, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Citrine: LOL!! I don't know, hon… I mean, there are some pretty bright lights on that thing, and it's fire-retardant. I kinda feel like you CAN use it as a barbecue grill :P

5. Rae // theNotice, on November 1st, 2009 at 10:37 am said:

Catherine: Haha, well put =P

6. Rae // theNotice, on November 1st, 2009 at 10:40 am said:

makeupgirl22: Me too, a little! But there's no guarantee it'll work, or that it'll have long-term effects, so I'm not about to buy it anytime soon x.x

7. almondsandapples, on November 1st, 2009 at 12:02 pm said:

I can't imagine spending $300 on a bottle of perfume. I just… can. not. I mean, how good can this stuff possibly smell??

8. Rae // theNotice, on November 1st, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

AaA: I know! I mean, they're super-concentrated so they'll last ages, but that is still WAY out of the budget of most sane people :P

9. Christy, on November 1st, 2009 at 9:23 pm said:

I love Juicy Couture perfume (I have 2 bottles), it's smells fabulous. But at $300, I think absolutely no way. The EDP is pretty well concentrated as it is!

That makeup stand is gorgeous, but I'd rather get a nice wood desk or vanity, a pretty mirror and a few spotlights.

10. Rae // theNotice, on November 1st, 2009 at 9:37 pm said:

Christy: I agree with you completely! Plus, a $998 budget would pretty much mean you'd end up with the best vanity ever :P

11. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:09 am said:

Laura: I know!! Hmm, a makeup stand or a camera + one or two lenses? GEE, HOW WILL I EVER CHOOSE? :P(Have fun in the Bahamas dear!)

12. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 9:10 am said:

Glitterati: Ha!! Your analogy is perfection — it totally does look like that!!

13. beautifulmonday, on November 2nd, 2009 at 12:38 pm said:

your tag is dead right:

disturbing prices!

also, insane consumers.

SO many other ways to spend that kinda cash. for example, for slightly more than the 'barbeque' vanity (per person), I am going to Bahamas with hubby in December. for a week. over Christmas.

14. Glitterati, on November 2nd, 2009 at 2:56 pm said:

LOL (okay, more like "gagging") @ the Missoni perfume cozy. The spitting image of a 7-yr old's summer camp arts & craft project.

15. suzie wuzie, on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:00 pm said:

what?!?!?! $300 for a hair dryer??!?!?!?!

16. Rae // theNotice, on November 2nd, 2009 at 6:04 pm said:

Suzie: LOL, that was the only one I thought was even vaguely reasonable!! :P I guess as a hair girl, I can see how that would be an investment for a stylist or "true" hair aficionado… the others? Not so much.

Write a Comment

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4861694 bytes) in /home/content/32/4441132/html/thenotice/wp-includes/functions.php on line 364