Going swing dancin’

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Estee Lauder Rosa Rosa All-Day Lipstick. Love it as a lip colour if it’s layered, but I tend to wear it a cheek colour. Gorgeous brown-red, but I wish it was cooler.

Somehow, the warmth and the finish make me think of a time-period red… not Mad Men-esque, but almost, the kind of red that our grandmothers would have worn when they were our age, going out dancing with the crackling of the record and the “clunk” of a solid heel.
Edit: whoops, sorry ladies! This is actually the Futurist Full Treatment lipstick in Forward Fig. Which brings to question… where the heck are my Rosa Rosa swatches, and why can’t I find them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
share this post:Email this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on StumbleUponDigg this

6 Responses to “Going swing dancin’”

1. Lisa Kate, on October 25th, 2009 at 11:52 am said:

Very pretty!

I read "period red" wrong at first…I was like "no, no, I would NOT want to wear that on my mouth, thankyouverymuch" XP I'm redonk!

2. Rae // theNotice, on October 25th, 2009 at 2:36 pm said:

Catherine: LOL!! I wasn't aware that I was at that point either =(

3. Rae // theNotice, on October 25th, 2009 at 2:38 pm said:

Lisa Kate: LOL!! Yah, that would pretty much translate into a big DO. NOT. WANT.

4. almondsandapples, on October 25th, 2009 at 3:13 pm said:

Haha, I read period red that way too! Now I feel silly.
    On a more makeup-related note: I love wearing lipstick as blush! It makes me feel like such a rebel. Which is a little pathetic, if you think about it :P

5. Rae // theNotice, on October 25th, 2009 at 4:09 pm said:

a&a: you ladies need to get your heads out of the gutter!!

LOL, your life must be so peaceful if this makes you feel like a rebel! This is pretty much the only lipstick I wear as a cheek colour on a regular basis, because I can't find the perfect red cream blush. But if this works, why the heck not, right? =D

6. Catherine, on October 25th, 2009 at 9:14 pm said: