Going swing dancin’

Estee Lauder Rosa Rosa All-Day Lipstick. Love it as a lip colour if it’s layered, but I tend to wear it a cheek colour. Gorgeous brown-red, but I wish it was cooler.

Somehow, the warmth and the finish make me think of a time-period red… not Mad Men-esque, but almost, the kind of red that our grandmothers would have worn when they were our age, going out dancing with the crackling of the record and the “clunk” of a solid heel.
Edit: whoops, sorry ladies! This is actually the Futurist Full Treatment lipstick in Forward Fig. Which brings to question… where the heck are my Rosa Rosa swatches, and why can’t I find them?

• Reply Lisa Kate

Very pretty!

I read "period red" wrong at first…I was like "no, no, I would NOT want to wear that on my mouth, thankyouverymuch" XP I'm redonk!

October 25, 2009 at 11:52 AM
  • Reply Rae // theNotice

Catherine: LOL!! I wasn't aware that I was at that point either =(

October 25, 2009 at 2:36 PM
  • Reply Rae // theNotice

Lisa Kate: LOL!! Yah, that would pretty much translate into a big DO. NOT. WANT.

October 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • Reply almondsandapples

Haha, I read period red that way too! Now I feel silly.
    On a more makeup-related note: I love wearing lipstick as blush! It makes me feel like such a rebel. Which is a little pathetic, if you think about it :P

October 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM
  • Reply Rae // theNotice

a&a: you ladies need to get your heads out of the gutter!!

LOL, your life must be so peaceful if this makes you feel like a rebel! This is pretty much the only lipstick I wear as a cheek colour on a regular basis, because I can't find the perfect red cream blush. But if this works, why the heck not, right? =D

October 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM