Dark (but colourful!) lips

Monday, October 5, 2009

I tried my hand at a photo I saw in a Kevyn Aucoin book a couple months ago — but you know me! The photos have been sitting around on my computer until now. So why pick “now” to post them?? Easy! These photos go along with the Style Black collection pretty darn well. Hope you like the look! I had a ton of fun doing them.

The lips: purple in the middle, then blue and black.

We started with this (MAC Blacktrack, GOSH Pretty Petrol, and Smashbox Smashing Mystic)Then added two glosses: a blue one (clear gloss mixed with Senna Blue Note) and a purple one (clear gloss mixed with MUFE 92 and Senna Destiny).

Figured it might be more fitting to show a little more tooth :P Alors, my bottom row! Yes, I have them. You probably haven’t seen them before, though.

Full face (I didn’t do anything special for the rest. It’s just what I happened to have on that day… concealer, blush, and that’s probably it.)
The inspiration
My hand!
Talk about stains — some of this stuck for like, two days!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

22 Responses to “Dark (but colourful!) lips”

1. beautifulmonday, on October 4th, 2009 at 10:28 pm said:

FABOOSH!this is stunning. and even more so on you! magnifique!

2. rasilla, on October 5th, 2009 at 2:29 am said:

Ohhh I like how you created the colours from those other ones~ It gives more dimension to the dark colour^^

3. Catherine, on October 5th, 2009 at 3:31 am said:

Lovely dark lip!

4. You have incredible features. Definitely one to do full-face looks more often :).Lips: no teeth – pretty, teeth – kinda scary. [Not because your teeth are scary - it's probably because of the lip colour, sort of evokes fangs...Lol.] But overall, great look :D.

5. Maggie, on October 5th, 2009 at 8:45 am said:

Oooh, that looks quite amazing!Your lips look so defined like that! LOVE it.

6. Laura: Thanks dear ^^

7. Rasilla: Thanks! I didn't like the monotoned-pit-of-darkness lip, so rather than doing BLACK black I figured I'd put a little glam in it :P

8. Catherine: thanks!

9. Cris: aww thanks hon :) I was hoping to evoke a "fangy" kind of reaction… so I'm pretty happy with that response!

10. Maggie: thank you =D

11. PinkyKathy, on October 5th, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

You have such a great skill!!! wonderful, gd for halloween. ^0^

12. Kathy: Thanks!! I always get so excited for makeup in the fall — Halloween, PLUS the holidays are coming ^^

13. I really like how you made this look your own. It looks stunning on you.

14. Naomi: thank you! I was pretty stunned myself — turns out I can rock dark lips way harder than I expected :P

15. did you use to have braces? your canines look like they've been made to change places, like mine!

16. mary: A while back, yah. The canine on the left (the right side of the image) has been switched ^^

17. Arianne, on October 5th, 2009 at 2:26 pm said:

LOL you crazy girl, showing your teeth!Nevertheless, very fierce.

18. Arianne: lol!! I always show my teeth, just not the bottom row… in that vicious manner… =DThank you.

19. All Women Stalker, on October 6th, 2009 at 7:06 am said:

Just in time for Halloween. You look great. -meream

20. Meream: thanks hon =) I get so excited for Halloween every year… an excuse for wild makeup? Yes please!

21. Not related but the red in your hair looks lovely!

22. Phyl: lol, thanks dear ^^