Aren’t you just a doll — more avant-garde makeup

Monday, October 19, 2009

So this is pretty much my favourite look since, um… ever. It was insanely fun to do, for some reason. I think because it’s so UNwearable, and I always get such a kick out of doing unwearable looks. All images can be clicked on to be enlarged, as per the usual. Enjoy!

Lips without, then with, gloss.

White base — NYX Milk jumbo pencil
Pink — MAC Pink Fuchsia lip liner
Light blue — Jordana Tahitian Blue eye liner, Coastal Scents Blue Diamonds
Green — MAC So There Jade eye liner, Senna Glo Green
Violet — MAC Mauve lip liner, Korres Plum eye shadow
Dark blue — GOSH Pretty Petrol eye liner, Senna Blue Note eye shadow

Full look — without gloss.

Blush: Iman Rubor
Eyes: Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender mascara, MAC Vanilla pigment
Base: TimeBalm concealer in Lighter Than Light

note: It is SO MUCH FUN to take photos pretending to be a doll. Look vacant, dah-lings. It’s VAhnder-ful!

Full look — with gloss.

Gloss: VS Beauty Rush Minty Lip Shine, MAC PRO 321 brush.

That’s all! Perhaps you can put a spin on this for Halloween or something… just be sure not to lick those lips! Try sealing with something like Benefit’s She Laq, if you do choose to try out a lip look.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
share this post:Email this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on StumbleUponDigg this

14 Responses to “Aren’t you just a doll — more avant-garde makeup”

1. Lisa Kate, on October 19th, 2009 at 3:25 am said:

This is uh-mazing! I love it so much!

2. beautifulmonday, on October 19th, 2009 at 4:34 am said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!you are so creative! i LOVE this doll-like look. what made you think of it? i don't do Halloween but i do love off-the-wall MU and dressing up!i have to ask, what is this backdrop arrangement you have? is it a bed with a vast amount of natural light that falls on it? it's definitely perfect for your photos.

3. almondsandapples, on October 19th, 2009 at 7:59 am said:

I love it! You look like a porcelain doll… I'm totally getting an NYX Milk Jumbo Pencil now! I have no idea what I'd ever wear white lips to, but hey, I'm sure I can figure something out!

4. All Women Stalker, on October 19th, 2009 at 8:16 am said:

I have a job idea for you. Makeup artist for Tim Burton movies! You will be perfect. -meream

5. Lisa Kate: thank you hon =D

6. Laura: !!!! right back at you!I don't know — I just kinda felt like doing it. Sometimes ideas hit me totally out of left field and I run with them *shrugs* :PMan, I wish my bed got that much light! That would be insane. But no, it's the backside of my drapes — it forms a sort-of "cone" around my head and, because it's a whitish colour, intensifies the natural light.(The other side of the drapes is burgundy, but they're dual-layered. LOVE.)

7. Rebecca: lol!! It's also completely fabulous as an eye base (review upcoming) especially with bold colours — it really intensifies them!

8. Meream: man, that would be SO awesome. Dream job!

9. Ohmygoodness! DAH-ling, you look adorable! The lips are just *amazing*.I love the second last picture, the one where you look to your left (or my right).

10. Rae // theNotice, on October 19th, 2009 at 8:57 am said:

Maggie: Hee, thank you!! That's my fave too =D

11. oh my GAWD this is so flippin cool. Really well done!! Now I want to try it.

12. Rae // theNotice, on October 19th, 2009 at 10:03 am said:

Remi: hee ^^ Thanks, girl! Give me a shout if you do, I would LOVE to see photos!

13. ' * : . b | u 3, on October 19th, 2009 at 1:26 pm said:

I love your candy striped lips! And that blush is simply amazing on you…so perfectly doll-like!

14. Rae // theNotice, on October 19th, 2009 at 1:31 pm said: