That’s right. We’re going all-out now.

You know what I love doing? Fun lips. I don’t wear them around, but they’re wonderufl to do when I want to play with makeup but I’m too tired to do an eye look!
(Want to know a secret? I hate doing eye looks/full faces because of removal. Yes… I really am that lazy.)

So anyhow, here are some purple lips! The photos are, unfortunately, from that awkward phase a couple months back when I had a really shitty lightbulb.

If you’re interested in the colour, it’s just MAC Grape liner over concealer (TimeBalm, Lighter Than Light). Before we get started, here’s what the tissue I used to wipe off the look ended up looking like: (Grape is very pigmented and very true to shade!)

(Sorry for the yellow lighting – these are old photos from the ugly-lightbulb days.)

Matte lips:
Glossed:

• Reply Cris

I totally agree about removal :-P.
    And wow, you made purple look good :D.

June 30, 2009 at 5:59 AM
  • Reply FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com

You made it look freaking AWESOME.

I want purple lips now. But I'd need a whole outfit with it too :)

June 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM
  • Reply ' * : . b | u 3 . : * '

Cool lips! I hate doing looks too because of removal. I know some people do that right before they hop into the shower, but I don't want to touch my brushes + makeup on a dirty face :/ So the only option would be to put it on after a shower and then remove it again…

July 1, 2009 at 4:24 PM
  • Reply Rae

FB: lols, thanks hon. (I totally saw a woman with purple-purple lips in the mall the other day… giant mess of non-awesomeness.)

July 5, 2009 at 1:02 AM
  • Reply Rae

blu: I know I do!! I wash my face, do a whole "fun" face, and then shower it off :P It's quite the solution, but also quite the ordeal!! Definitely worth it most of the time, though.

July 5, 2009 at 1:03 AM
  • Reply Rae

Cris: lol, thanks! But is that even possible? hmm…

July 5, 2009 at 8:00 AM
  • Reply Tessa

Gorgeous!!! That looks freaking fantastic Rae:)Also-my new obsession is lilac lippies, a (safer!) alternative to purples, lol. Though you have one glam lip look here, I may copy it sometime!

July 5, 2009 at 5:08 PM