Best discontinued product ever?

Friday, March 27, 2009

I know I have a TON, and I know that I bitch about it regularly. Here’s a few that just break my heart:

• Estee Lauder Plum (though, I’ve been wearing Lancome Aplum recently… and I think I love it more! -gasp- Good timing, though, because mum’s fallen in love with Plum, so she can have that one ^^)
  • Olay Quench for Sensitive Skin. I still haven’t found a suitable replacement.
  • The entire Aura Science line. How could they do that to me?!
  • And lastly (for now,) my beloved Labello Med and Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cleanser. Neither have been discontinued, but I’m allergic to the “new and improved” formulas of both. Talk about a sudden excess in fragrance!

So? Have any of your HG items been discontinued? If so… what were they, and have you found anything the same (or better!) yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
share this post:Email this to someoneTweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on RedditShare on StumbleUponDigg this

13 Responses to “Best discontinued product ever?”

1. jojoba: Oh!! That sucks :( If you ever need me to scour the stores over here for ya, just give me a shout! At least it's available *somewhere*, right?

2. jojoba, on March 27th, 2009 at 5:46 am said:

i know it’s not discontuned in your part of the world but it is here for me. it’s my HG Maybelline Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner and I have been looking for a replacement forever! Nothing ever comes close enough. I love that thing.

3. jojoba, on March 27th, 2009 at 7:54 am said:

Rae: not sure if it's sold in canada but it's easily found in the usa. why do they do such things anyway?

4. melanie, on March 29th, 2009 at 7:41 am said:

Long time no talk! :) Discontinued awesomeness: (I hate how everytime I fall in love with something it disappears.)1. Smashbox blush in Smashing Emotion (it would be right up your alley color wise, but with shimmer.)2. Tarte blushes3. Mary Kate and Ashley lip gloss in Dazed4. Sephora brand gloss lipstick in No. 275. American Eagle Alive Fragrance6. Fiorucci Loves You fragrance7. Victoria's Secret shimmering body creams in Moonlight Magic, Golden Dreams, Starry Night, and Heart. 8. Not a beauty product, but AdvantEDGE used to make these absolutely delicious caramel brownie protein bars that I ate daily when I lost weight in the past. No protein bar has tasted as good since. :(

5. Melanie: I know :( Also, your list is so much longer than it should have to be… *hugs you in sympathy*But you picked up a couple MK & A glosses on evilbay, and the Sephora gloss l/s in its final hurrah, yes? So… yay for that? :P

6. melanie, on March 30th, 2009 at 12:32 am said:

Lol, yep. You're absolutely right about getting those items. The VS creams kill me though. I once ordered the Moonlight Magic on ebay only to find out the woman who was selling it smoked like 24/7 in her home. I threw the entire package away immediately after getting it. Boo!!Perhaps my list is too long because I have been doing this too long, lol!

7. M: that sucks!! If the item'll smell like smoke, you'd think it would be common courtesy to put that into the description – but alas! smokers have very little of that when it comes to fumes.There is no such thing as too long!

8. Arianne, on March 30th, 2009 at 4:33 am said:

Oh yes I remember. My beloved Sephora hand cream. It was the freshest smelling hand cream ever. Still haven't found anything as good. :(

9. Arianne: …did it by chance smell like lemons? I remember someone (maybe Lilian, from the Daily Cookie?) comparing it to OPI for Sephora's once.Either way, check it out the next time you stop by Sephora :) A sniff can't hurt!

10. psychoexgirlfriend, on March 30th, 2009 at 2:17 pm said:

I miss Pout blushes (thanks to Muse's post tonight) and Cargo Duo lipglosses. Luckily, I managed to pick up a tin before they all disappeared. Damn you Cargo.

11. Anna: Aww :( You can't even stock up on Cargo glosses – they'll go rancid too fast! Blushes, though, you can… unless, of course, they're cream. (Are they? I know that some of them are, but I'm not sure if they ALL are.)Either way: *hugs you* I'm sure you'll find apt replacements soon enough, hon!

12. melanie, on April 6th, 2009 at 7:33 am said:

One more just got added to my list: Aveda Light Elements Reviving Mist. I went to an Aveda store/salon the other day to pick it up, and yep! Apparently they routinely discontinue bunches of things. The store had thoughtfully printed out a list of upcoming items to be discontinued to encourage shoppers to stock up.The salesgirl and I commiserated (I hope I spelled that correctly!) over our loss. :( The spray bottle itself was pretty awesome, too!Some momo on ebay is trying to sell ONE BOTTLE for 75 dollars. SERIOUSLY?!

13. Melanie: Oh no!!! Stock up now, definitely. At least they warned you, though – for me, it's just a matter of not being able to find it for months on end and finally having to admit defeat :P

Write a Comment