Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Empty compact (this one’s an old MAC Blot Powder one, cleaned thoroughly.)
What you’re pressing (EDM blusher and Fyrinnae Clear Mineral Finish, to lessen the pigmentation and make it easier to work with)
Cosmetic spatula or a small spoon etc (I used a skewer to mix, because it can get into corners, and doesn’t “scoop” product and hold it)
Mixing medium and/or alcohol (I used both Fyrinnae pressing solution and alcohol, in an equal ratio, for the perfect texture. More mixing medium = more solid finish to the pressed product, more alcohol = more dusty.)
1. Mix ingredients if there are different ones, to get an even powder.
2. Add solution, bit by bit, and mix in. Keep adding until it’s a mucky substance that is evenly wet, like a paste.
(see? I added the Mineral Finish to ensure my final product would be the same shade as the loose one, because when I tried it the first time I found that the finished product was a little more brown. And now they’re the exact same!)
3. Keep adding solution until pasty, then smooth down as best you can with the spatula.
4. Clean edges and let dry almost completely. (I was so tempted to leave it looking like this!)
5. Using a flat-bottomed object the same diameter on top of a piece of fabric or paper towel, press. I used the bottom of a small wine glass, and it fit perfectly!Tomorrow: relabelling that compact!