Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Mmm, brown sugar. How could we bake without you?
Erm, I’m really not feeling the creative juices right now, but I wanted to have a fresh post out tomorrow. So, here is the awkward version of a real review!
Product: Stila Brown Sugar lip glaze. This one’s easy to find brand new on MUA, and I think it’s one of their most under-hyped lip glazes.
Wait, under-hyped?: Yup, you read that right! I know the picture above is pretty washed out (real sunlight! Good lord!) but this does look very blah in the tube – dark brown with glitter. I’ll do a post on the Raspberry lip glaze later, and you can see what it actually looks like in the tube then. But anyhow, back on point: this is more berry than it would seem to be in the tube, and gives quite a pretty colour!
The following picture is pretty accurate:
Any bad points?: well, it’s a little on the sticky side, but because I love the colour and the fairly fine shimmer, I just gloss my lips with this and then top with some Vaseline. On its own it’s too sticky and not hydrating enough for me, but with lip balm underneath and Vaseline over, it’s perfect!
- Smells and tastes pretty good :P
- On the pricey side, but as I said it’s easy to find this on MUA (in mini sizes or brand new, even!)- I think it’s sometimes given out as a GWP, and if bought in a set I can see why many people would assume this would look bad on them.
- The colour is layerable – it can be a sheer layer for just a bit of sparkle or a heavier one for major shine, sparkle, and colour.
See? Told you it was gorgeous. It darkens up my lips a bit, almost giving them a plum/mauve tint – it can definitely be layered past this, to a more berry/brown, but this is the comfortable consitency in my books! The verdict: Definitely get your hands on a click-pen of this (I like the concept of the applicator, but it’s hard to get the right amount of product out. It’s always either too much or none at all), but I would do so on MUA if possible.
(is it just me or was that review actually pretty okay?! Hm…)
Monday, December 22, 2008
*YOU question on bottom :) It’s on Monday this week because Boxing Day is Friday, and honestly, who reads blogs on boxing day?!
I’m on a mission to NYX – whoops, I mean nix – those lemmings! (corniest line ever, no? Plus a beauty junkie pun! God, I’m fabulous.)
Anyhow, here’s an update to this wishlist, just to let you know that they’re not all must-haves!
- Dolce & Gabanna Light Blue – the only one I’m still dying for!
- NARS blush – Dolce Vita sounds lovely, but I’m loving the photos of Deep Throat. Must see them in person! Do I still want this? Of course. Do I still really want one? Nope – I’m not feeling the high-end lemmings as much right now, thankfully.
- Benefit 10, but only because it smells good ^^ I don’t actually like the shades, lol! Do the other boxed powder blushes smell this amazing? Are you serious, Benefit?! Your prices on your boxed powders are friggin’ crazy. I get that there’s a lot of product in there, but I know myself – I’d never finish a blush anyways.
- Two MAC lippies, one light pink/nude and one a blue-based red. Definitely lustre, but I haven’t had time to look at shades yet! I bought a red MAC lippie for the holidays and I’ll buy a cheap nude one first to see how much wear I get out of it. And it wasn’t the lippie I’d expect – instead, I ended up with the Plum Perfect tinted lip conditioner, thanks to a great (Asian) SA! They kept shoving bright fire-engine reds at me and I kept saying “cool-toned and subtle”. Luckily, with the same undertones as me, this SA knew which lippies would work!
- Skincare set, with a moisturising eye cream. I think I’ll treat myself to some Clinique this year, once they get a good GWP going up in Canada! My undereye skin is flaking so badly right now :( Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin Lotion, move over! The cream version took your place and it is *so* rich and hydrating. It makes a great cheap night cream (erm, with SPF…)
- Smashbox JetSet liner, black – have you seen this stuff on the waterline? To. Die. For. And also small as hell. Steep price tag, and you get next to nothing for it!
- Bumble & Bumble Spray de Mode (this one wouldn’t really be for me, it would be for all of us – me, mum, and my sister. Hm, maybe I can talk mom into buying it… :P) Still might want this, but the cost is a little off-putting. We’ll see.
- Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter (wish-listed because I would have to order this online!) Now carried at Shopper’s Drug Mart! I’ll give it a sniff someday (and probably won’t like it)
- CARGO Suedeblush in Barbary Coast OMG, this was the one I’m really glad I saw in real life. It’s shimmery as hell – all the SuedeBlushes are. Mendocino (a normal one) looked great, though…
There you go! Hope I was able to crush any lemmings I may have shared with you before they got the better of you :P
Hope you had a great weekend, lovelies! Has anything disappointed you irl recently?
Friday, December 19, 2008
Please to put a penny in the old man’s hat,
Please to put a penny in the old man’s haaaaat!
Are you done your Christmas shopping? Did you have a favourite gift that you picked out and think will be *wonderful*? Is there anything you reaaaally want from your wishlist (that you haven’t bought yet – Arianne, I’m looking at you!)
- Yes, except for mum’s gift. She’s so hard to buy for – she never wants anything, and is one of the most practical people I know!
- I bought my sister some tea and a GC to a tea shop that recently opened up (it’s like heaven in there. Fairly open, very clean, nice setup, and a whole wall of loose tea. The place smells amazing.) (If you haven’t picked up on it yet, she loves tea)
- A bottle of D&G Light Blue! I’ve decided I quite like it and feel naked without it, after wearing a tester around for a week or two. Everything else on my wishlist I’ve decided I can live without (update on that next week!)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I’m putting together a Christmas gift for my mom, and the one thing that upsets her is that I don’t let her read theNotice.
So, I’m compiling a few posts that I’d like her to read, editing out the blog name and url in photoshop. I’ll give them to her as PSD files, and that way, I can share this with her without having my mum read everything I post.
Anyhow, here’s the favour I ask of you: do you have a favourite post, or a few favourites? I’m not sure which ones to give her – I know I’d like to stay on non-family-and-personal-life topics, so I’ve decided (so far) on:
- Lycra: they put that shit WHERE?!
- The polar bear goes dancing on silver lilacs
- Tint your balm
- Concealer tutorial
- The Pressing Issue
- MAC MSF Petticoat dupe!
- More strange things you creepers have googled to get here:
- Everyone’s a critic
- Worth the Hype? Vaseline
- I’m a sucker for blue eyeliner.
Yay/nay on any of those? Any posts to add to the list? I’d love to give her a “real” piece of writing, but those unfortunately are too personal. Unless you can come up with one that is “real”, but not personal?
Any responses are welcome!